Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day

I have a brief break in the weekend's festivities to share some thoughts. Family is here, which always brings so many emotions. I love having our house full, cooking lots and having helping hands and listening ears, hugs and back rubs when I'm feeling wiped and comfortable people in my midst.

It's been a good weekend so far. The breaks in the rain have allowed us walks and tiny excursions. The downpours and thunder have given us and excuse to to hunker down in our little digs and talk, sip on good coffee and play dusted off games.

It's been a hard weekend with Ainsley. She so desperately wants all the attention that is being given to the two sweet little babes in her midst. She's been acting out, swiping and biting like she has never done before. I am thankful for an amazing husband to pass her off to and in laws that know me and my girl and have helped us out. We have our good moments too. I hope the sun tomorrow brings lots more.

Fast Forward to Monday:

The sun did indeed shine on memorial day. Ainsley got back in her groove and so did I. With the sun came in-the-thick-of-summer-heat and the return of air conditioning. Seriously, could we at least get ONE solid day without either the heat or a/c on?

We enjoyed the first day at the local pool, spurring me on to find a little helper for the summer so that I can go with the girls during the week (there is NO way I could do it by myself). Both Ainsley and Louise were little water lillies. Ainsley didn't protest when we headed home an hour and a half later. She was zonked.

After one more good big family meal we wound down, started our goodbyes and finished them this morning.

We have three days to recoup before we head to Minnesota for a quick wedding weekend. I am so excited for all of the festivites ahead, making our quiet family time so precious. This morning I looked forward to it just being my girls and us, not because I don't love having family here, but because it's simpler and familiar and easy. I love how quickly we can get back into our groove of our family of 4. Errands in the morning, Louise's naptime spent digging in the dirt with Ainsley (today I left her alone for 7 seconds while I ran inside to get some shears and she managed to hose down her entire body...I could only laugh), simple lunches, and lingering restful afternoons. It was a great recoup and unwind kind of a day.

Here are some photos from the weekend.

::loving her new trike::

::double babies!::







No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.