Monday, May 16, 2011

Catching Up

Sorry for the absence from the blog this past week. It's been a doozy. BEFORE the whole Ainsley slicing her hand open ER trip fiasco my mother and sister in law arrived for a full long weekend, keeping life extra full and fun with little extra time or energy.

In the days before their arrival we enjoyed a relatively normal beginning to our week. We played at parks despite the clouds and I blew up the new pool when the temperatures hit 80. I shopped solo WITH the girls* for some new summer duds and put them to good use all week.
*After I realized that Louises' circulation was being cut off to her legs in the front wrap I had to switch out Ainsley from the stroller and put her in the backpack position so Louise could stroll. This was all mid shopping, on the floor, and Ainsley put up quite the fight...but we survived and I cleaned out the sales racks so in the end it was worth it.

::Ainsley has yet to meet a park she doesn't LOVE::
too bad she's out of commission until the stitches come out :o(


::Louise's new favorite pose, aside from rocking on all fours of course::

::early morning outside porch coffee with my sweet Louise::


::it's my pool mama, Ainsley may JUMP inna pool!
wearing Louise's new swimsuit, it fit so why the heck not?!?::

::Louise didn't seem to mind in fact she fell over laughing whenever Ainsley splashed herself::


I love when family is here. I get an excuse to cook and bake more extravagantly, let chores fall by the wayside, enjoy an extra glass of wine in the evenings and lose my voice talking.

I can tell I'm officially comfortable and at ease with my in laws (I even hate calling them that because there's nothing lawful about them) because I barely prepared for their arrival. I knew they'd accept our baby clutter and puffs EVERYWHERE. Sure the bathrooms were clean and the rugs vaccuumed, but their arrival felt easy and exciting with no stress attached.

Then when Ainsley's accident occurred and I was running around like a spooked horse calling Ian and our pediatrician and packing a hospital bag I was SO thankful for a mother in law who knows me so well and cradled and calmed a startled and hurting Ainsley to let me get my jitters out.
::Ainsley baring her wounded hand and a chocolate stained mouth, she deserved that Regina's truffle this time::

::pulling herself up and loving every second::

After calming from the ER trip we settled back into the rainy cold weekend. We are all so excited that Auntie Sonya found such a beautiful apartment and will be living a mere 5 minutes drive from us. Ainsley has asked for her every morning since her arrival and I'm so happy not to have to burst her bubble and tell her that she's leaving soon, because she isn't!

::on all fours, crawling is imminent, but this time around I'm ready!::

::a little daddy daughter story time::

::Ainsley insited that Louise "be a pie mama, a berry pie! Just like Halloween!" so she was::

::Ainsley and her Nana::


Today I am so thankful for sunny skies despite the cold, a quiet napping house after a bustling 6 days and a couple of weeks of calm before the craziness and fun of more family visits and lots of trips in June. I am thankful for Louise's soft warm cheeks and Ainsley's long soft little girl hair, for quick grocery runs, and an amazing Auntie living in the basement for a few more days.

Have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.