Thursday, May 26, 2011

Gearing Up

We're gearing up. For family visiting this weekend, a quick trek to MN the next and my first solo trip since becoming a mama the following. I'm pretty stoked for them all.

This morning we got doctors visits out of the way and I'm plugging away at laundry as we speak. Ainsley just went down way too early for a nap. She's been very sweet lately, but also incredibly whiny and it's starting to wear on me. She asks the same questions OVER and OVER and never stops talking. I have to chuckle when I think back to her as an 18 month old. I was all wigged out that she wasn't talking much and now I often find myself wishing she'd stop!

I've gotten into a routine of taking the girls for an afternoon double stroller jog when the weather allows. It's great but definitely not as relaxing as running on my own. Ainsley talks incessantly, narrating the scenery around us and asking over and over "mama, Ainsley May wanna go to a park. Oooh, there's a park. Mama GO TO A PARK!!!!" Ahhh...at least I'm finding a way to get some good exercise in.

I'm happy to spend a quiet afternoon indoors in preparation for all the bustle ahead. I don't mind the 45 degree rainy cloudliness today for this very reason. I'm enjoying lots of playing on the rug time with my girls and snuggling on freshly made beds.

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.