Saturday, May 7, 2011

Driving Slow on Saturday Morning

A typical Saturday.

Dishes in the sink from yesterday. Dishwasher loaded and clean. Clean diapers to be folded. Clothes to be put away. Pajamas still on. Coffee in hand. Baby asleep. Toddler out on the town with Dad.

I love Saturdays.

It's the one morning a week that I start the day with some quiet time to myself. I've learned to bask in the freedom of doing something of my choice, typically reading, catching up on a show I've missed and knitting, perusing the baby sale items online and filling up my "virtual" basket to overflowing just for the thrill.

It's great.

Yesterday was great too. We got some errands done and played in the sunny yard. Ainsley is getting more and more confident on her scoot bike, but still giggles with nerves whenever I let go "please help mama!" I love that my independent girl still needs me for some things.

I've started going through clothes for summer, shocked at how little I really have. Ainsley will still fit into all of her stuff from last summer...and so will Louise I believe. Ainsley is still a beanpole, very average hight but slight. She needs 3T now for her length but can't fill out the pants so I'm thankful for summer to come so she can wear her 18 month stuff as capris. And Louise, my big dumpling is so round and squat. Pants are 3 inches too long and snug as can be around her middle. I'm thinking I'm going to need to work on my sewing skills to accommodate my very differently sized gals.

I am getting giddy about the late spring and summer and all the fun that it holds. Weddings, family visits, long trips to Minnesota for the arrival of new cousins and extended cabin stays. I can't wait to strap on a slalom ski and hit the lake. It's been 3 years since I've been able to ski (thanks to pregnancies and one FREEZING summer). I am literally salivating for lake fun. It's going to be great!

Today I am thankful for my free time, for a husband and daughter who love their weekend adventures. For my happy growing Louise and her new trick, clapping! For household chores that can wait and a cup of coffee that cannot.

Have a great weekend everyone!

::Ainsley at our new favorite park::


::clapping!::

::she's pretty proud::


2 comments:

  1. Hey Becky! Your comment about filling up your virtual basket just for fun, made me think you might enjoy this thing called "pinterest," my friends here at Seminary just got me to join so I'm pretty new, but you basically 'pin' your favorite things to your page! Actually, when I write it out, it sounds kinda silly...but it IS fun! :) Anyway, I'll invite you if you're interested! (though I've already learned its a great procrastination tool as well!)

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.