Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tricky Times

It's been a bit of a tricky start to the week with the girls.

I use the word tricky with Ainsley often. Usually to describe something that's utterly frustrating and seemingly futile. Today feels particularly tricky.

After Ainsley's accident on Friday I've found it hard to return to "normal" parenting with her. I have been more lenient, more apt to overlook the little defiances and it's been backfiring big time.

Not to say that the day has been a total wash so far. We took a nice long walk with the Chicago wind blowing in our faces. We returned a load of library books and I scored some great items for new niece and nephews at the local consignment shop while Ainsley played intently with the oodles of toys. Then we walked to the grocery store for the sole purpose of getting some ham for Ainsley for lunch. This morning she seemed quite distressed when I told her that the Easter ham was all gone.

Today I am really working on seeing the big picture. I'm trying to get through the little defiances and annoyances, ride then out like waves and get to the other, hopefully sunnier, side. I'm trying to dig deep and find the motivation to keep her occupied with the very limited number of activities her injured hand will allow.

Wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.