Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Plugging Along

I've been feeling a bit off lately with the blogging. I get in a good groove, feel like I havesomething to say, or at least some cute pictures to post, but lately inspiration has been lacking.

I think it's mostly because I feel like a broken record. Gushing about the good days, ranting about the bad. But I guess that's what this time of life is for us...so I'll try to go with the flow.

I reached out and got some great suggestions for how to keep Ainsley occupied while staying relatively clean and "un-rowdy". For good or bad, her stitches seem to be bothering her so she favors her right hand even more than usual and needs little reminding to take it easy. I am so thankful for the tips and activities to try, especially on this rainy day.

We've been playing a lot of games which is a fun change. All of a sudden it hit me one day. Ainsley could totally play games! While I really wanted to rush out and buy hi ho Cheerio and Chutes and Ladders I restrained myself and took out the two memory games she got for Christmas and this gem that I scored on zulily. She loves them both and it's so fun to watch her concentrate, and work through things and really "get" it.

Ainsley is very into matching things lately, letters and word sounds, colors, shapes. I particulrarly love when this new fascination manifests itself in her wardrobe (butterflies on the shirts and pants, stripes all around, flowered dress and skirt and leggings and socks). It's rather adorable, if not incredibly loud.

I've also loved observing Ainsley's character and temperament continue to develop and unfold. Just today at musikgarten one of her little friends was very upset and crying and Ainsley was very distraught and only wanted to help her friend, rub her back and give her hugs. Whenever a child is crying or sad she's very concerned and wants to help and know "why they cryin mama?". Now I just wish she'd stop knocking Louise over. I still can't figure that one out.

Louise continues to turn the corner from complacent inactive baby to moving scooting toddler. She is only happy when standing or rolling and rocking on all fours. She gets very agitated when I sit her up and give her a toy to play with, unfairly expecting her to stay still. I'm a bit sad that my once snuggly girl only wants to move now, but i know it's par for the course.

She continues to give us great big belly laughs daily, and is such a happy girl.

Today has been a good day. I've enjoyed my girls and they've been good to me. Now to put some of those new activities to good use this afternoon! and come up with something for dinner...that dang chicken didn't defrost like I'd hoped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.