Tuesday, May 24, 2011

An Absolutely Delightful Day

What a delightful day we've had. The sun was unexpectedly shinging (take that weather channel!), the girls were in good moods (despite their 5:30am arousal...come ON sun, you rise too early these days). It was a good day.

::Louise's new "thing", sticking out her tongue::

::Ainsley insisted on watching her morning show with Louise in her lap, Louise was enjoying herself despite the odd expression I captured::
P.S. See, they aren't the same size!
We spent the morning on a long walk to the post office and back to mail Uncle Joey's birthday card. Ainsley napped the whole way and still managed a 2 hour afternoon nap. A definite perk of my spirited girl, she takes good naps.

Then we went to a new nursery and picked out the few last plants we need for our garden. It was fun to venture to a new part of town and find some beautiful flowers.

We then came home, all fighting through exhaustion. But the sunny lawn was just beckoning us for a picnic, so we obliged.

::Ainsley wearing 'Auntie Joojie ruffle shirt mama', Ainsley now tells you who gave her which article of clothing she's wearing, a little trick I've learned to get her to wear what I want::


The girls napped and I spent that time furiously sewing away, making my first upcycled outfit. I've been dying to try this method of reusing old clothing for new handmade garments, but was terrified. I don't really know how to sew. I've never read a pattern and know no techniques or stitch names. But Iwant to sew, so like most of my ventures I just dove in. I'm pretty excited that it's working out so far. (sorry that pictures are out of order, I am NOT good at this whole html/arranging photos in my blog thing...pictures of the dress are below).

Ainsley woke up and almost simultaneously I got a call from an old friend, a parent of a student that I taught my first year in oak park, reminding me that she was on her way over with her girls for a quick playdate and here-are-some-items-we-no-longer-need drop off. I scurried around the house to tidy up a bit and we had fun playing with two old friends (old for me, new for Ainsley and Louise of course).

This generous generous family gave us their old Burley. It's barely used. It's beautiful. It felt like Christmas in May. The added surprise was a Kelty trike for Ainsley. We assembled both and spent the waning afternoon hours playing with out new modes of transport. I am so excited to hook the burely up (and get Louise a teeny tiny helmet) and take those girls out!

::the amazing new toys::


::of course Ainsley wanted all of the new flowers in her wagon, hopefully we'll plant tomorrow::

After a 5 Guys run for dinner Ainsley tried on her new dress. The top could use some tweaking, but it stays on and fits her well with some room to grow. This used to be a cross top, empire waist blouse of mine and I like it a million times better as a sundress for my little Tootie.


:: she seemed to like it too. Afterall, blue and flowers are her favorites::

To add to the excitement of the day Auntie Sonya came after dinner to share our fries and smiles. Ainsley ran up to her and told her how much she missed her and we played the evening away.

::I finally had Ian come up to take some photos of Louise pre-bath...I know I'm partial because I gave birth to her, but she's not too hard on the eyes, is she?::

::oh that tush...and that smile::

Since Ainsley was all wound up we decided to take her out for one last spin on her new bike. As much as I love the scoot bike, I'm glad she has a trike too. I think this one is a bit more toddler friendly and she loves the place to put all of her "special things mama, like toys" in the back.

I am the one who suggested the zebra suit because it was getting chilly and she was reluctant to get out of her jammies AND it's her new favorite. We've found her numerous times in her room, in bed, with two sets of jammies on AND her zebra suit...what a funny gal.


The real photo would have been the neighbors grinning at the zebra running like a crazy lady down the street and me sprinting to catch her. That zebra can RUN.

So as you can see. Today was awesome. We loved today. Tomorrow will be good too. I can just feel it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.