Sunday, February 13, 2011

Run Body Run

I just got back from an AMAZING run. 2.5 maybe 3 miles, nothing to brag about but amazing nonetheless.

I really can't put into words how important running is to me, not just working out, but running. Sure I do workout tapes in the winter when it's too cold (or icy!) to get outside for a heart-pumping jog. I like pilates as an alternative and do some minor weight lifting to even things out. But my workout of choice is definitely running.

I feel so strong when I run. I feel so capable and free. I love running to a good beat, sweating, creating my own wind.

I don't know that I'll ever be one of "those" runners. You know the ones. 5 marathons a year, running in sleet and sub zero temperatures (or extreme heat for that matter). I would like to get to the point where I do 1 or 2 half marathons a year just to keep me in shape and motivated. (I have a feeling that won't be until we're done having children and they are all out of the toddler stage, so, a LONG time)

I don't run to report how far (whoops, guess I did today) or how long (although a little bragging may slip out if I can get back up to running comfortably for over an hour) but just because it feels SO DAMN good.

While the icky dirty snow melting is unwanted, the sunshine and above freezing temps predicted for the next week are quite welcomed. I'm hoping to get the double Bob out with the girls a lot this week and enjoy this early spring (don't worry, I'm not fooled).

Today I am thankful for running and my body's strength to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.