Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Life is the Best Birth Control

I am sitting here listening to Louise NOT nap (even though she's been up since 5 with her sister) trying to curb a meltdown.

Typically I clean and do laundry on Fridays, get the house, bills, mail, etc. ALL ready to go so that I can just enjoy the weekend with my family, lounge in jammies extra long, cook and eat good food and RELAX.

Not this week.

After the week we've had I was lucky to get dinner on the table let alone clean the house and organize this Friday. (If you count Ian ordering pizza as me getting dinner on the table) Despite the piles of laundry, dirty diapers, and general slovenly state of our home I got some much needed time off yesterday. I took Louise to run a few errands (got new shampoo, and a new FREE cell phone - Ainsley broke mine just as my contract was up...good girl) and when Ian got back from a morning out with Ainsley I went out to do a little birthday money shopping all on my own.

It was wonderful to get to try on lots of things, remind myself that I am a person, a woman, and not just a mom. AMAZING to fit into all my old sizes and not mind what I saw staring back at me in the mirror.

Coming back to reality at 4pm was a bit harsh, Ainsley still in an off mood, Louise desperately needing milk and a trash pit of a home. Ian and I ignored it one more night, hoping to wake up to motivation and energy this morning.

No such luck.

After Ainsley woke herself after wetting the bed at 5:18 all bets were off. It was just close enough to actual morning that she refused to go back to bed. In an effort to tame the beast and have a happy morning I chose to get up with her and snuggle while watching our morning episdoe of Mr Rogers. Then Louise woke up, then Ainsley whined, SCREAMED to snuggle mama snuggle. Then she wanted yogurt, then she spilled the yogurt, then she spit water in the yogurrt, then she had a time out, then she screamed more, then she asked to go to bed, then she screamed to come downstairs, then she woke up Ian, then Ian watched her as I tried to fold the piles and piles of laundry. Then Ainsley wrecked the piles trying on pants after pants and socks after socks.

This morning was a nightmare. just as I kept thinking it couldn't get any worse it did. Poor Louise is teething like a mad woman, relatively happy while doing so, just very restless and clearly in moderate pain. I have been tired before but I truly have never felt this exhausted. No amount of caffeine can help.

So now I sit here with one fussy baby NOT napping, eyes drooping down to my chin and an endless pile of STUFF to get done. I so desperately want this next week to be better, but I fear with a weekend like this we're only set up for failure.

This would be a good post to read in 6th grade Sex Ed on the birth control day. Don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a grown up version of the book, "Alexander and the Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day." Glad to hear Monday was better...

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.