Saturday, February 5, 2011

Just an Update

Nothing fancy here today. No metaphors or clever language. I am WIPED.

It's been a long week what with the colossal snow fall on Wednesday, subsequent digging out of the said snowfall and Ian's debilitating cold to boot. While he has still been as helpful as he could be I feel like I've been solo parenting two housebound girls for 3 days. (Ian is currently on a walk with Ainsley to the conservatory and local market - TOTALLY making up for it).

Being inside for so long has really stretched my creative limits with activities for Ainsley. Most days we at least get out ONCE to do an errand or putz around in the library. Yesterday I'd had enough and even though the wind chill read -5 I bundled them up and went outside for a walk. Ainsley lolly gagged up and down the sidewalk, stopping every so often to pick up a "ball snow" and sit in the 2 foot snow banks. I pushed her on the swing at the park and when Louise's cheeks got almost too red we lumbered home. What a glorious 15 minutes of fresh crisp air and vitamin D.

For the most part it's been good. We've been working on Valentines, taking long baths during the day, playing endlessly with rice and water, coloring, building homes for Ainsley's weebles (and Louise at one point too) with blocks, serving food in her kitchen in the basement and caring for her many babies. We've had spontaneous dance parties almost hourly, baked lots and eaten more (why is it that eating is the default activity in winter?)

I've been focusing so much on keeping the girls happy during the day that my "free time" after they go to bed has lately been spent folding laundry, cleaning and then ZONKING out. I'm so thankful for two good sleepers lately.

Ainsley's potty training continues to be a success. Two weeks in we've graduated to underpants at naptime and barring a few more nights of dry diapers we're going to go full time. It's been days since she's had an accident and is SO proud. I am so thankful to have this under our belt. How bizarre (and AMAZING) it's going to be to go to Florida next month with no diapers for her!

We've stopped giving Louise solid food this week. The past few times she's completely refused and I'm tired of wasting it. We'll try again in a few weeks! (She's definitely eating more though, I'm finding I'm FAMISHED if I don't eat something every couple of hours and need to guzzle water all day to keep up with her demand).

I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend but hoping the snow melts enough that we can enjoy some more outdoors time soon. I'm already over winter! (I never thought I'd be one of "those" adults)

Enjoy superbowl sunday...we'll be a divided house tomorrow (although truth be told neither of us care too much who wins), with the game on in the background and the normal toddler chatter (it's CONSTANT now) and chaos in the forefront.


::on our aimless walk::



::ball snow::

:post nap, for both of us can you tell?::

::playing the piano after dinner as per usual these days::


::Louise's new HUGE pacifier::

::morning exercises watching Mr Rogers::



::in case you can't tell what's going on in this photo, Ainsley is on the potty "reading" on my ipod, wonder where she learned that from?::

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.