Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Beauty of Daddy Daughter Dates

Ian is out on his weekly outing with Ainsley. Today they are taking the train downtown to the children's museum. I love these mornings for so many reasons.

1. Now that Louise naps so well in the morning I get time to myself. Yes, TIME TO MYSELF. I have learned not to use this time to cook, clean, exercise, or do anything else "unfun". This is my time just to sit, yes SIT, relax, and enjoy the peace and quiet.

2. Ainsley loves these daddy daughter dates. It's so great for them to have time just the two of them, and so fun for me to have some one on one time with Louise when she's up and they're still out and about.

3. Ian does things with Ainsley that I would never attempt. He's a brave man. Taking a newly potty trained toddler 45 minutes on the train and bus both ways? More power to him.

4. It makes me such a happier mom and wife to get to start my weekend all relaxed. Here I sit with my second cup of coffee, a full belly of waffles and orange juice, a relatively clean house (I did laundry yesterday to encourage the relaxing weekend) sun shining through the windows and the snow slowly melting in the almost above freezing temps. It's a good morning.

P.S. I also have time alone with Ainsley. For instance last night after dinner we did an impromptu grocery run for some eggs and other necessities for the weekend. She proudly held the coffee she helped me pick out and on the way home I caught her stuffing her hand in the bag and then smelling her hand "mmm COFFEE!". May have to get some cheap coffee for her new sensory.

P. P. S. I also just scored a patagonia fleece jacket for Louise at REI.com for under $20! So excited to see her in it this spring.

So pretty much, it's looking like a good day.

1 comment:

  1. ian is a brave man! good find on rei!!!! i have been shopping zulilly lately they have such great organic clothing lines :)

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.