Thursday, February 24, 2011

Long, Dreary Week

Well as the title implies, it's been a LONG, DREARY week. Seriously, could the weather be any more gross outside? It's been hovering around freezing since the weekend, alternating between full out downpours, flurries and sleet. Getting outside has been next to impossible and with this being the last week of the month, thus our budget is just about spent, going out just to "browse" is kind of not an option (I have very little self control in most stores, plus browsing aimlessly with a toddler is a NIGHTMARE!)

Whether as a result of the weather or not Ainsley has been extra difficult this week. It all started on my birthday and has continued through yesterday. Everything is a battle, she won't listen to a word I say, whines constantly, throws little mini tantrums for no apparent reason. It's been out of control.

Ian has been wonderful, coming home and taking over with her right away, getting up with her every morning. I feel so awful but really I'm just done with her right now. I've needed to conserve my energy while Ian's home with her so that I can function and not completely melt down with her during the day. It's been SO hard. Argh.

To be fair today has been great, she's been so sweet and playful. I'll say "you know what?" and she'll say "I LOVE YOU!" with a big smile and a kiss. We spent an extra long time at Whole Foods this morning, she sat happily in the cart singing and chatting with me, letting me peruse the beauty isle much longer than I should have. We shared a zucchini muffin on the way home "more mama, BIG one please momma!" and she helped me make some apple baby food for Louise (she cuts the apples up with her pumpkin knife, measures the water and turns on the machine). When she got antsy I brought up her "tampabean" and she jumped happily away. She ate a good lunch (a half of a cream cheese and jam sandwich on fresh wheat bread and half a banana) and is now happily snoozing upstairs.

I keep reminding myself that the bad days make days like today extra amazing, but man, why does it have to be 4 bad days in a ROW!

I sure hope the sun decides to come out tomorrow!
(I guess my girls are a little bit of sunshine all by themselves)





No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.