Friday, April 1, 2011

Things Loved in March

1. UB2 (Urban Baby Bonnet)
We all knew this would be #1 this month. Seriously. If you have a daughter or know a little girl with a head that needs covering this summer I can't say enough good things about this bonnet and the creator Collette on etsy. You're supporting an artist and keeping a baby's head sun shaded and warm. I only wish it was appropriate for me to wear one. Lucky Louise.


2. The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters
I am in love with this new cookbook I bought with amazon birthday money (thanks mom and dad!). I've been cooking for most of my life, every day since we've been married and this lady has some tricks up her sleeve that I've never heard of. Simple recipes for marinades and sauces and my FAVORITE, a list of pantry staples and food to make with them, so helpful in a pinch.

3. Badger Sunscreen
While we did resort to Target Brand baby SPF50 for Ainsley's red arms in Florida this stuff stood up to the really well. It's all natural which I love especially for Louise who immediately starts to gnaw on her newly sunscreened arms and hands. It smells nice and lasts long. Can't wait to use it more this summer.
4. Weleda Baby Diaper Cream
Poor Louise had a rash she just couldn't shake after wearing disposables at Christmas and this was the only cream that finally got the last of it. If you've ever used Weleda you know how amazing all of their stuff is and the diaper cream is no exception.
5. Gap Perfect Boot Jeans
I was significantly depressed after going to shop post having Louise for new jeans. Granted I went WAY too soon after giving birth but even so I was appalled by how tight everything fit, no matter what size I seemed to get. I went last month and slid right into my old size in these jeans, with some room to spare! The double button is great for new(er) moms with that lovely extra skin/chub that seems to hang around forever. I may have to get at least one more pair of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.