Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring, Glorious, Spring

Spring really is a time of rebirth and re-emergence. After this winter I really wasn't sure, in general, about anything. Turns out it was just the weather, the lack of vitamin D and fresh air. Who knew?

We've begun living outside. I haven't turned the TV on in days. I have sore feet from walking everywhere and throbbing triceps and quads from double stroller jogging (the most full body workout EVER). Our faces are pink from the sun and the girls are napping like they need it for once. Glorious glorious spring.

::She's almost outgrown my favorite top, my big bug baby girl::

Ainsley woke up ridiculously happy this morning after such a good night last night. After scarfing my "you-finally-cracked-the-code Chicken Tikka Masala" we opted for a walk to our local ice cream shop (if you can call it that, it's called and literally is a Hole in the Wall). We licked cones in the almost too cool for ice cream sunset. Ian snuggled Louise as I gave Ainsley a bath.

Usually Ainsley splashes and sloshes with the best of them, but last night was different. After the tub had filled with warm clean water she laid on her tummy fluttering her feet as I rubbed her back and we sang song after song. I effortlessly washed her hair, swooped up my girl in her butterfly towel and glided to her room. After lotion and jammies we snuggled in her fort reading every book we could find about the impending Easter holiday. Renchenka's Eggs was her new favorite. On every page she wanted to know "where Chenken go mama?". Then I tucked her in and she just melted into her covers. Oh to be a child again in the safety of your clean warm bed. Without a peep she shut her eyes. Amazing, glorious spring.

::Ainsley had the best bed head EVER this morning after her well earned sleep::

We had time to kill after Louise went down for her earlier than normal nap to accommodate our mid morning musikgarten. I remembered that months ago I had purchased fabric and thick cotton ribbon to make a baby carrier for Ainsley. she helped me measure and cut then intently watched me sew as she cradled her baby "Mama hold you baby. Mama hold you just like Yaweez!"

The carrier is nothing to brag about. I modeled it after my simple Infantino wrap that you can use as a front or back carrier. Ainsley was a fan. That's all that matters.


::giving her baby kisses while admiring her mama-ness in the mirror)::

Musikgarten was great and rambunctious. We met up with moms and tots at the nearby park for play and picnic afterwards. Louise squealed and cooed and loved every minute. Ainsley sang, marched and pounded and then ran and slid and climbed. It was a great morning.

I am enjoying a good stretch of double naps just now. Excited to spend the afternoon gardening and playing in the sunny backyard.

Thank you Spring! You're just what we all needed.

2 comments:

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.