Thursday, April 2, 2015

Florida and Beyond

We just got home from Florida.  I was unexpectedly sad yesterday about leaving.  I usually get in a funk about the travel with little people but it felt different than that.  As Ian put the kids to bed I ran around the condo doing last loads of laundry and cleaning and packing.  Last on my list was moving our bikes to the racks for pick up in the morning.  As I hopped on the one speed back pedal break robins egg blue number that I rode with the 70 pounds of kids in the back all week I decided to take one last spin around the resort.  Tropical breeze on my face, delicious grilling for dinner and tropical floral smells in my nose.  Ah.

I'll write more about our trip when I get some photos up.  Ian took every single one this year.  He got a new camera right before we left and I am SO excited for the photos he's taken.  It's an all manual awesome camera and the photos he got of our trip are breathtaking.

I'm astounded that all of the kids napped on the plane AND after lunch.  I'm sipping on coffee while Ainsley rocks out to T. Swift in the basement and Louise and Felix watch a post nap show.  We haven't made it to the store, and most likely won't until the morning. None of us are feeling the errands right now, or getting back in the car.  We had canned peaches and a box of macaroni for lunch.  Dinner is either leftover frozen lasagna or lentil soup from the Brazilian cafe up the street.  It's hard to care much about food when we ate SO well this past week.  I'm still in dreamland.

Today I'm excited about Easter and having three full days to regroup.  We're heading up to my Gram's for Easter dinner after church and quiet festivities just us five.  I ordered an Easter cake from the bakery to take up there which I am pretty pumped about.  Other than that I'm trying to think of a semi healthy brunch idea for us.  Some kind of veggie egg bake?  As we speak Im looking up craft ideas for the kids so we can at least get something fun up on the walls for the season!

So Easter this weekend, restocking the house with food, bits of laundry here and there, enjoying our last days of break before the zoom of spring takes hold again.  I'm thankful for it all right now.

A few trip details for me to remember for trips to come.  I packed perfectly for once and don't want to forget. (5 people in two suitcases for 8 days is pretty exciting!)
3 spray suncreens, 1 face stick, 1 tube of 30 for me, 1 of a higher spf for kids and Ian
minimal clothes for us all (yay laundry and wearing swimsuits and clothes all day!)
no need for tennis shoes or water shoes, kids didn't miss them
water bottles are a good thing
lots of snacks for the plane too
Yay for a successful trip!  Now to plan food!





No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.