Sunday, April 12, 2015

Weekends

Weekends are awesome.  I know I'm not alone here.

The weekends this winter were not so much.  It got so hard to find things to do out of the house.  We're calling this the Costco winter because Ian took the kids to Costco almost every weekend just to get out and for all those samples.

But Spring weekends?  Ah.  Just what we were hoping for.

Every once in a while I love big plans.  A whole day outing or a bigger event.  For the most part though I'm happy as a clam hanging out around home.

I have no photos from today.  Ian took a few of his morning with Felix.  Still I don't want to forget so here it is.

The  kids were up early (of course) so coffee at 6:30 it was.  Then French Toast.  Then Ian headed out to coffee with friends and the kids and I headed out with bikes.  Ainsley found her tree and climbed.  Felix and Louise climbed too.  "Even when I was in Florida I thought of my tree"  Ainsley explained. That girl has a climbing heart.

Home to dig in the backyard.  Digging in fresh spring soil is one of the best things the season has to offer.  Ian home from coffee.  Me out the door in neon running shoes in 3 minutes flat.  3.5 mile glorious spring run.  Shower on the flip side.  New Majamas maxi skirt, still feels new birthday earrings from my mama.  Downtown Oak Park with my girls for present shopping for Felix.  Louise knew she wanted a stuffed doggie.  Found the cutest one I can imagine.  Ainsley wanted 17 things for him, typical.  Honed in on a bright sensory soccer ball.  I encouraged and we purchased.  On to the bookshop.  SO MANY BOOKS I WANT TO OWN!!!!  Settled on this and this for my boy.  I let the girls each choose a paper back.  A new Usborne Sticker Book for Ainsley, a kids maze book for Louise (no clue she was such a rockstar at mazes).

We had lunch out at our favorite thai noodle shop.  We ordered the perfect amount of food.

Headed home to enjoy the books in the backyard.  Ian and Felix joined us shortly after (they enjoyed a morning downtown while us girls were out).  Ran into neighbors and spent the whole afternoon playing in the backyard.  Kids dug and bubbled and sifted through shells and lounged.  I'd forgotten how much I love the spontaneity and ease of an outdoor afternoon.

Faces pink we move inside.  Run slabs of carrot cake to neighbors because goodness I made too much yesterday.  Ian grills the most perfect pork tenderloin.  We devour and melt into nighttime.

It's the next morning and I'm still wonderfully relaxed.  My whole body hurts from all the fun.
Today it's a morning trip to the arboretum, laundry amundo, dinner at friends.
So thankful for this weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.