Friday, April 17, 2015

Delicious Day

It's been a long bizarre week.
Monday was great, normal and great.
Tuesday morning I woke up with raging stomach flu.  Lovely.  Thankfully Ian was able to stay home and take care of the kids.  Then they starting falling like dominos.  Felix threw up in the car around 11, Ainsley was sent home from school at 2 with a fever.  The next day Ian went back to work and Ainsley began the stomach bug.  Louise was on the couch all day with aches.  Poor Felix is still not 100%, Ainsley either.
I still have no appetite and don't want to cook.  Our amazing next door neighbor made us a pot of chicken and rice soup and it's all I want to eat.  I've put Ian on food patrol for the time being.  Way too hard to cook when you have no appetite.
Still, between the sickness and yuck we've had a lot of great moments this week.  Ainsley had space day today at school which has pretty much made her life.  They've been studying space for weeks and it's all culminated in the classroom fun today and a trip to the planetarium Monday.  We get to eat pudding out of bag!  And take a bus around the planetarium! I love Ainsley's excitement more than just about anything.
Louise had her dress rehearsal for her dance recital on Thursday.  I just have no words for how adorable and excited and amazing it all was.

One caption worthy moment...
Louise, how did it feel to be up on the stage?
"It felt THIS much!" (insert giant outstretched hands and the biggest Louise smile to date, and if you know Louise that's one tremendously major smile)

Oh, and moment after the first run through when Felix bolted up to the stage screaming "I try too! I try it too!".







Today has been almost back to normal. If normal is a 76 degree day in mid April.  I took Louise and Felix to the park, ran into friends, hung out until Felix asked to go home (see? still not up to par :o( Louise BEGGED me not to go to Costco. She was very excited to play with her minnie mouse doll in the bow boutique she'd set up for her, I obliged.  It doesn't take much to convince me to not go to Costco.  
We spent the rest of the morning windows down record playing.  The kids played, colored on paper on the floor, play dough, blocks, Louise worked on her phonics book she loves,  I organized our entire upstairs art supply cabinets.  Yesterday I tackled our buffet and the holiday boxes in the basement.  One bit at a time our house is getting the spring organizing it needs.
Now naps have been had and we're lounging more, waiting to pick Ainsley up from school.  
I'm sad I didn't get a photo of her before she headed out.  She was SO excited about her star pants and minion (alien to her) shirt, and astronaut all business ponytail.  I'm excited for a weekend with that girl, I'm missing her right now.

Louise's pre naptime routine with Felix, she reads him at least two books all on her own, usually singing books or Pop's books he's made them because she knows those are his favorites.


Our morning.



Louise colored her entire pinky toe blue.


Tonight Ian's grilling burgers and I'll probably munch on the sweet potato fries I'm going to bake.  I hope Felix gets his appetite back soon!  I'm excited about new knitting for the girls, finishing up a way overdue wedding gift, Louise's dance recital tomorrow!!!!! and a weekend with my four favorite people.
I hope you all are enjoying this delicious midwest day.  We're soaking it up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.