Sunday, April 19, 2015

Weekending

It's been a wonderful weekend.
Yesterday we went to the Botanic Gardens.  It was 10 whole blustery degrees colder up north by the lake, but it was beautiful.  I think the Botanic Gardens and the Arborteum have kept me sane all these years living in this city.  Ah how I need nature in my life.

Then Louise's dance recital.  It was so sweet and adorable and cute etc etc.  Ainsley was so nervous for her, asking over and over but what if you get up there and you're just so scared! or you forget your steps! There are going to be so many people watching, aren't you scared! My even keeled Louise shrugged it off I don't feel nervous at all Ainsley.  I'm just so excited!

Afterwards we went out to dinner.  I'd promised her ice cream for dinner but Ian decided ice cream AND dinner was a better plan.  Before leaving the recital Louise and I went to the bathroom to change her out of her costume.  First words out of her mouth ballet tights are the worst.  I'm still laughing about that one.
We went out for italian and gelato, remarkably a local place we'd never been.  It was great and the kids did so well.  It's nice when a treat actually feels like a treat.

After the kids went to bed Ian and I watched some more Daredevil.  I'm half totally grossed out by it and half ENgrossed.  Either way I guess I'm hooked.

Today has been much more low key.  Ian's been primarily watching the kids, playing at the park, in our backyard, watching baseball, while I was able to get a run in as well as some continued spring organizing/clearing out (now spring cleaning is a whole different story, soon I hope!)

I'm starting to get my feet back under me with cooking.  Tonight we're having frittata and banana bread.  The bread is in the oven as we speak and the smell is just glorious.
This week I'm hoping to make all of the things I'd planned on last week, a crock pot coconut curry, tuna noodle casserole (with homemade mushroom sauce, my new favorite).  I'm thinking of some ground beef, rice, tomato, cheese concoction, and perhaps one other thing to get us through until Felix's birthday.  I cannot believe my baby turns 2 on Friday.

Presents have all been bought, and with a last minute batman toy purchase online last night I think we're finally set. (Ian had to have something batman for his boy on his second birthday, I get that)  We've been making a few decorations just for fun and thinking about the festivities.  I bought the giant 1/4 pound hot dogs from costco to grill for his actual birthday.  Hot dogs are his absolute favorite.  Everything else is still a bit up in the air.  Homemade macaroni?  Bakery treats for breakfast?  Most likely all of the above and anything else we can think of.  We sure do love celebrating.

I'm gearing up for some late spring knitting.  The girls wear two too small white cardigans all the time with sleeveless dresses and short sleeves so I've decided to make them some sumer cardigans.  I am so very excited.  Of course this lead to me deciding on new sweaters for Felix.  I am over the moon about the yarn and colors I chose.  The girls actually chose their colors for their sweaters and out of almost 20 choices chose the same!  I'm excited for robins egg blue, cornflower, warm grey, and a skein of lavender thrown in there for something fun for me.  Perhaps more fingerless mitts?  Or a shawlette?

The rain is pitter pattering outside, my kiddos are snoozing.  It's been a good good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.