Friday, April 3, 2015

Meal Plan Easter Weekend Etc.

Ok, after a full day of travel laze letdown I'm ready to face reality.  Yesterday was so great, napping and unpacking and playing with the kids outside then biking walking scooting up to the bakery and Brazilian Cafe to pick up some bread and dinner.  We've rekindled our love for the cafe.  If you're local and haven't tried it you must!  Last night it was lentil soup and their new chicken soup which was awesome, chicken wings and sautéed collard greens and pinto beans.  Other favorites are their homemade lemonades and meat filled potato pastries.  So cheap and good and the people who work their are fantastic.  Yum.

So now that we can officially never eat out again it's time to plan.

Tonight I'm going to make Pasta Primavera.  Veggies abound after vacation eating!

Tomorrow it'll be Moosewood's cauliflower cheese pie.  A family favorite!

Sunday for brunch I'm going to try a galette with smoked salmon and cream cheese and some monkey bread because monkey bread is awesome.

I'm also going to buy some cans of tuna because we love tuna melts for an easy yummy meal or lunch.

I know I'll have to get more food for next week at some point.  Our weekdays are crazy for all of April and I'm kind of loving relying on old standbys and leftovers.  Eggs one night for sure as well as lettuce wraps with meat I make earlier in the week should fill in the gaps.  I love that I've been doing this long enough that it's not so agonizing anymore.  Win!

I've been trying to think of some fun Easter things to do with the kids, aside from eggs dying of course.  I found some cute ideas.  One is to make little bunnies out of yarn pom poms.  Another is to paint big paper egg cut outs with shaving cream and paint.  Looks like fun.

We were all up crazy early this morning so I'm hoping we make it happily through lunch.  It's a long day when you're up at 5 and two of your three don't nap anymore! Perhaps we can finish up the chapter books we started on vacation, rinse off the shells we brought home (again!) and gear up for some Easter making.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.