Thursday, April 9, 2015

Start of Spring

Getting a post up has become one of the hardest things in my life.  I'm realizing a lot of it is that I've not been taking photos as regularly as I used to.  I want to get better about that.  I really think it helps me reflect on our days.  Thankfully Ian's been taking lots of photos.  Now I just need to get on that scary big techie computer of his to figure out how to get some on here.

























Seriously, these are all the photos I have from about the past month.  Whoops!

I'm doing my best to shake of the winter blues, but this rainy dark weather isn't helping much.  I'm still having a love hate relationship with our busy big kid schedule. I do like having places to go most days but I really miss the free unstructured time that's defined my early years of parenting.  I'm finding I really love my mornings with Felix, relatively quite and easy, my rest time with Louise, playing games and watching a show or two snuggled on the couch. I'm really striving to find some good one on one time with Ainsley after school.  Our ceramics class is still so great, reading time at night too.  I just keep trying to focus on the good.

Yesterday was a particularly great day.  I took the kids on an impromptu fun errand after we picked Ainsley up from school.  We went to the Buzz for drinks and snacks then I ran into Majamas for their moving sale :o( and got TONS of amazing things for almost no money (I ran back again once Ian got home to get more for gifts, you're welcome in advance all you girls in my family).  Yay retail therapy.

Today is super rainy and we're supposed to get bad thunderstorms this afternoon, of course just in time for school pick up and all of our after school run around.  I'm really hoping it's not too bad.  Ainsley gets so anxious about the weather, me too if I'm honest.  I don't like driving around in lightning storms!
At least there's dinner in the crock pot (chicken tacos) and a safe warm house.
I hope you all are enjoying the start of spring!



No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.