Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tid Bits

The girls did really well in the car both to and from Minnesota. I think they've gotten used to us lugging them around in the car. When Ainsley got a little fussy in the last leg I gave her my best mom face and explained to her that we were all tired and all wanted to be out of the car and to please keep her cool. "Come on!" was her response. I had to turn away to keep her from seeing my smile.

::Ainsley and Ian getting ready to ride her first kiddie roller coaster
at the Eden Prairie Schooner days::

::then the cousins tried their hands at the cars and boats, a pretty huge success::


::Ian needed some cotton candy, Ainsley obliged::


Louise is walking! Well, on her walker of course. While in MN she started traversing objects slowly and just yesterday she started pushing her litte standing play center along while holding on so I got out Ainsley's old wooden walker. She moves! Slowly and carefully all the while beaming with pride.

::the one salvageable photo I got of our friends' wedding, amazing dress right?::

Last night the girls were cashed from our whirlwind weekend. Neither took their afternoon nap in the car and we got home JUST late enough that I was reluctant to put them down and mess up our bedtime routine (especially since I was on my own as Ian took Sonya to the Sox game). Ainsley lost it around 5 and try as I might I couldn't snap her out of it. So I gave in at 6, gave her a big kiss and closed the door to her room. 5 minutes later both girls were in bed and slept all through the night and them some. Ahh the joy of a good crash.

::enjoying Grammy and Pops swing::


Today I heard Ainsley wake from her nap and went up to get her as usual. I opened the door to find her curled up on her bed a BIG smile on her face and a "dude!". Where is she learning these exclamations!
::dinner at Bayside while in MN...a definite must especially
with all the extra hands for the girls and the AMAZING fish tacos::


::dessert at Adele's, we are never ever disappointed::



::of course we'd get the extra drippy cones, I was messier than Ainsley!::

To round out our first day back at home I made an impromptu decision to cut my own hair. I'm tired of paying too much for my low maintenance locks and feel bad asking my skilled sister to cut my hair EVERY time I'm home. Barring Ian's assessment of the evenness in the back, I think it turned out a-ok.
::new haircut! and a VERY antsy toddler girl::

We're beating the heat with the play pool in the backyard and our blissfully air conditioned house. Ainsley and I are off to make tacos for dinner while Louise naps for the THIRD time today!

Happy Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.