Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Good Stuff

I fee like so often I fixate on the hard stuff with Ainsley. Tonight I need to mention a little bit of good.

This evening I had to go to Target to return a bunch of stuff that I didn't end up needing for Julie's bachelorette party (rompers galore!). I opted to take Ainsley even thought she seemed a bit off after bathtime. We had an hour before bed and the kiddo LOVES the car and singing so we went.

I rolled down the windows. We blasted the oldies station and clapped at stoplights. Once at the store she picked out the cart and patiently waited our turn in the return line. While there we heard numerous little ones losing it. It was late-ish. Fast approaching tiny babes' bed time. While one tantruming tot was carted off by a frustrated dad Ainsley turned to me and calmly stated "she sad mama. The baby is tired. She needs her mama and a nap." Then we heard another baby crying inconsolably. "oh mama, so many tired babies." Then she turned back to the counter and we counted how many carts were lined up, how many people were working, what color they were wearing "red mama! I like red!"

After our quick exchange with the overworked employee we meandered a bit. I tried on EVERY brazierre I could find that I thought would help my post nursing physique. No dice. But Ainsley let me do it. She twirled in front of the mirror and commented on her favorite designs and colors in my selection. We talked about what we were going to do when we got home "read a book mama, umm, I think I want the train one, no the baby one, I like them all mama!", what our favorite parts of the day were "playing with my friend Emma mama, swinging in the swing...ohh, I rode my bike mama and get the pool passes!"

Then we came home. Played a bit longer per Ainsley's polite request. Read books whilst she nestled on my chest and snuggled while I sang songs. She calmly went down smiling and happy.

There are so many amazing things about my girl and as hard as she can be that hard stuff makes her great. We can talk and sit and laugh and have a real thing, just us two. I love it.

I'm a lucky mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.