Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ergo Baby

I got myself a present today, well yesterday, and thanks to free super fast shipping I got it today. It's and Ergo baby carrier. I'm in love.

::the new carrier in all its glory::

I've been eyeing this thing forever. Everyone in town has it. It gets rave reviews. It's adorable.

::she looks pretty comfy, eh?::

But of course we already had a baby carrier. 3 in fact. We were gifted one bjorn type infantino carrier when Ainsley was born and it worked fine for her for about 4 months and then it started hurting my back.
So then I got a hotsling, which I still LOVE and use all the time with Louise. The problem is Louise's size. She no longer fits in the cute front carry position and it's way too hot to stick that dumpling in an enclosed sling anyways.

::double duty::

THEN when Ainsley outgrew the sling I wanted to get a soft back pack carrier so we got an infantino one. While it's much cheaper than the ergo I now realize why. No matter how tight I tie the knots they're always coming loose in about 15 minutes and something about the design cuts off the circulation to poor Louise's legs in about the same amount of time. Bummer.

::some photos from this afternoon's impromptu shoot,
I just can't take enough of my girls::

So really there was a need for a new carrier right? While I love our double bob I of course still need a carrier for some quicker outings, like the park, getting things done around the house and other excursions.

So when I found an ergo on sale online with free shipping I jumped all over it and I only wish I'd gotten this carrier years ago.

::this is Louise's 'what the heck is Ainsley doing?' face,
so glad I got it on film::

It fits SO comfortable and both Louise and Ainsley immediately melted into it when I put them on. They were so comfortable and light. I LOVE IT!

It has a pocket to put things in while carrying a babe (keys and cell phone anyone?), and even a little hood that you can pull up and sercure if your dumpling falls asleep.

It is super easy to get on and off once you've adjusted the straps to fit you. I'm excited to try it out on an errand tomorrow.

So once again I've learned that sometimes it pays to get the good baby product right from the get go. If you add up all of the free and sale slings I've bought it far surpasses the $80 I spent on this one. Oh well.
We had a fun afternoon trying babies on in the new carrier and splashing in the backyard pool. I am getting pretty stoked for my three day weekend coming up and also a little bit sad about missing out on three days with my growing girls. Louise is doing something new everyday and Ainsley says something new everyday. Today it was "stop it mom, jeez!". Seriously, I have to learn how to NOT laugh when she's being saucy. It's too hilarious and catches me completely off guard.

Now that summer has officially started (the kids are out of school and musikgarten has ended, that's signs enough for me!) I'm so looking forward to a new easier routine. Mornings spent erranding and romping outdoors and parks. Afternoons in the pool either in our backyard or down the street. I've decided to enlist the help of some little mama's helpers to get the girls and me to the pool successfully. They love it too much not to take advantage!

::Ainsley was telling Louise "no hurt the flowas YaWeez"
and then proceeded to rip the petals right off::

::this child ate the whole pint, ah summer berries::


So the day was great, hot and full. Tomorrow they're predicting rain. I'm ok with that. Turning down (or off?) the a/c and hunkering down with my girls. I'll pack and prep for my first solo 3 day trip away from them. I'm excited and a bit apprehensive. They're my girls and it feels so odd to be apart from them. But I know I'll have a blast and come back loving them even more. Distance makes the heart grow fonder right? Well my heart's already bursting.


Happy hump day!

1 comment:

  1. I too have a case of multiple baby carrier syndrome. And omigosh are your girls cute. I love Louise in that little blue outfit.

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.