Monday, February 27, 2012

Meal Plan 2-27

I've kind of had an epiphany that staying on a budget is a lot like dieting.  There's a lot of ups and downs, cheating and discomfort and strain.  But in the end it's always worth it right?  And you know what helps a lot? Accountability!

So I thought I'd start sharing my meal plans on here, along with how much I've spent on food.  I don't assume that anyone really cares about all this stuff,  but it's a good way for me to keep track and share with others who may be interested.

Meal Plan::

Pork Roast with roasted veggies and quinoa (crockpot roast recipe from apartmenttherapy.com)
Ham and Bean Soup (from 15 bean bag recipe...sooooo good!)
Leftover Roast made into pulled pork sandwiches with onion rings and corn
Homemade Bolognese Spaghetti with green beans (bolognese recipe from Smitten Kitchen)
Trader Joe's Birds Nests and Chicken Springrolls
Cheese and Leek Quiche (from the Art of Simple Food)
leftover frozen Mexican Casserole (made a few weeks back from Pioneer Woman)


grocery grand total:: $112


$48 under budget!!! (ok, I still need to get some of the meat for the bolognese, and most likely will need to buy another gallon of whole milk for the girls at some point, even so we should have at least $20 to play with or SAVE...very exciting stuff)

until next week...



No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.