Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Quick Trip Recap

We're back! After 22 hours in the car and 10 days away we've made it home safe and sound.

With one more extended trip in sight for the summer I'm happy to have a chunk of time at home. Time to get back into a routine, put our pool passes to good use and enjoy lots of quite family time.

The trip was great as always. This year was extra special as we welcomed a new niece to our family on July 2nd. I was thrilled to be in town while she was born. We were able to visit her hours after her birth.

::Aida Carmen,
the little 6 lb. 7 oz. peanut::


::Louise was enthralled with her new much smaller cousin::

::Ainsley couldn't stop talking about "Aida baby" after we left::

I teared up more than once looking at that sweet little dumpling. I forgot how small they are at first, how fragile and delicate. For the first time since having Louise the thought "I want another one" crossed my mind.


My whole family joined us for the 4th of July Parade in St Anthony Park. It was fun to have the cousins together for the first time waving their flags and cheering for the big trucks, cars, and loud bands.




I'm thankful to have our families so close so we can celebrate together.


Right after the parade we packed up and headed home. The drive went well. The first few hours flew by as the girls and I konked, worn out from the busy trip.


More posts to come on the cabin portion of the trip, birthdays AND the successful transformation of my old cloth diapers (they're working SO well!). Unfortunately I've been fighting a cough/cold bug and am getting next to no sleep at night thanks to my hacking so I'm a bit out of energy for the time being.

I hope everyone had a great 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.