Sunday, July 31, 2011

Knitting and Things

I'm on a major knitting kick. I recently discovered that one of my favorite DIY/craft writers has a BLOG (of course, duh right? it's soulemama.com if you're interested) and after reading her archives late into the night I vowed to make more time for my crafts of choice. It's been a while since I knit anything significant and my sewing has tapered off too.

After scouring ravelry.com for free patterns (such a great online knitting resource) I chose an item for each member of my family of 4 (myself included!), went to our local knit shop and went to work.

::Ainsley help me choose this jumper for her,
"I want a pink one mama because Ainsley May looks good in pink"::

::Louise's sweater, I chose a softer mulicolored yarn with fall colors::

::the sweater I chose for me!::

::the yarn for Ian's sweater::


I am knitting Ian a sweater for the first time. I've been vowing to do it since we got married (I've been told, and agree, that you should never knit a boy a sweater until you're married because it's as big a commitment as your vows) The yarn is a luscious wool cotton blend, the color is a mix between navy and teal. The pattern is a classic cardigan, out of a 60's pattern book with a roll neck and pockets. I am SO excited.

After I get his sweater well underway I plan to make one for myself. I've made two sweaters for myself in my life and the one that still fits is a bit scratchy and plain. I found a super cute pattern and am just setting on a color.

In other crafting news I've been sewing some projects for my sisters' showers this next weekend. I'll take photos once the gifts have been given!

Aside from new rekindled zeal for knitting and sewing life is good. As of two days ago Louise is walking, FAST, while holding onto our fingers. She refuses to use the walker but if you give her a hand to hold she grins, puts her head down, and GOES. She's also starting to stand without assistance.

She and Ainsley are becoming fast friends. It's very recently occurred to me that those two are going to turn into double trouble someday, SOON. They are starting to make mischeif on their own, emptying drawers full of neatly folded laundry and linens, shelves of books, and bins of toys, all the while squealing with devious laughter. "Come on YaWeez, do this with Ainsley May. You're so funny YaWeez. I like you. We're friends YaWeez. Hahahahha." And then Louise answers by sqealing and chucking a toy as far as she can. It's hilarious and a tidge terrifying all at the same time.

Today Ian and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary 10 days early. I'm going to be in Minnesota for the actual day so we decided to celebrate while we were together. Our tradition is to go to the Deer Path Inn in Lake Forest for brunch. It is AMAZING. Definitely the best brunch ever, with sushi, prime rib, champagne, a million billion pastries and desserts, salads and dips, smoked salmon and strawberries and cream. Yum full tummy.

I'm gearing up for four days full of fun and prepping for our big 2.5 week trip to MN for showers and the cabin and my sister's wedding. It's going to be great and busy!

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.