Saturday, July 23, 2011

Snippets of Late

I've been bad about taking photos lately, and writing blogs. Trying to up my game a little in the mom and wife department has apparently cut into my "leisure" time that I used to use to write. I guess I'll add that to the list of things to work on!

I am very much in a clean out and simplify mode. Nothing new right? We have bags upon bags of things to donate in the basement and I feel like I'm purging the girls' and my (and Ian's...don't tell him!) wardrobes every few days. Life is so much easier when you know that everything that you have works and looks good...it's just SUCH a pain to organize with little ones under foot.

I think this new motivation to clean and organize is coming from our trip coming up. I'm heading to MN with the girls solo for a few weeks to celebrate my sister's wedding, go to the cabin, attend some showers. I am really looking forward to it, but I know that being away that long is going to make it that much harder to get back into things when we return. I hoping that coming home to an organized space will help!

I have so been enjoying life lately. Ainsley seems to be (dare I say it and jinx it?) exiting the terrible twos. She is mostly sweet and helpful, very good at occupying herself and verbalizing what she needs. It's made life so much easier. And Louise, on the verge of her first birthday is still the sweetest dumpling imaginable. She motors around on all fours, exploring and investigating only to scoot over and bury her face in my lap every once in a while for a good snuggle. She sill likes me around. I like that. I cannot belive that she will be one soon. I am so looking forward to seeing her smash that cake in her face (I'm taking bets that she'll finish it..she's a good eater that one) and have a little attention just on her.

With all that joy stated I will admit that the past few days have been trying. Nearly a full week of knock your socks off heat followed by three days of rain have made us all a bit on edge. Thankfully the last few evenings have been merely normal summer sweltering and dry so we've been able to get to the pool and outside a bit.

In trying to turn a new leaf for both the good of my family and myself I've really tried to let go. I still have my moments of hurry and scurry, lets-get-this-done-now-or-find-this-or-I-may-explode-moments but for the most part it's working. When things are getting chaotic I'm learning to go with it rather than fight it. This morning when Ainsley was beside herself over another rainy day cooped up and Ian was tired from an early morning and I was reeling over the state of our basement I stopped, put on rainboots and opened umbrellas with Ainsley and we went for a walk. It was great. We walked mere blocks, but she took it all in, took her shoes off and splashed. I took deep clear breaths and quieted my pounding agenda. I was thankful to be forced into calm. To once again be reminded of why we're here and what's important. I came home to a tidy house and a happy toddler.

Still I hope for sun and bearable temps this week!

I'll do my best to get some photos in soon. The girls are growing too fast not to capture as many moments as I can.

I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.