Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday Sap

I wrote a whole long post last night and my silly CRAZY computer deleted it all before I could save it. So here I am with a glass of wine in hand trying to recap my original (amazing I tell you) thoughts from last night.

Summer is flying by, yes? Mid July is knocking at our doors and I feel totally ill-prepared for all that is coming up. Namely weddings and babies and all the grand plans that I had for meaningful homemade gifts for them all. Perhaps I should be knitting and sewing as opposed to typing? Oh well.

A fire has been lit under me.

A few times a year I get really nervous about our finances. Funny thing, because really we're always doing the same...pretty much status quo. But sometimes it feels a bit tight. Truthfully I'm thankful for these times in hindsight. They motivate me to let go of more, live with less, reorganize and get really creative. It's really quite thrilling to walk out of a grocery store with a weeks worth of groceries only about $65 poorer.

I've been scouring the web desperate to find a few ways to contribute to our bank. I've found a few, I'll let you know how they go.

Namely I'm excited about getting back into crafting for gifting. There is almost nothing more rewarding to me than giving somebody something that you know they might actually want and having made it yourself. I'm salivating already.

Aside from (or in addition to?) the fire in my britches life is good. Ainsley is desperately sweet and inquisitive. Today as I wrapped her up in her butterfly towel after her bath and pondered "where did this beautiful butterfly come from?" she replied "from the bath mama! Silly mama. I yuv you!" She melts my heart hourly and the moments of complete chaos and rage are much fewer and far between. I am loving watching her grow and learn. It's such a joy. Ooh! And I gave her her second haircut all

In other news, I am in complete denial that Louise is almost 1. She went from happily sedentary dumpling to crazy mobile almost toddler overnight. She crawls like the wind, stands and cruises while holding on to anything in her past. She claps and waves and signs all done and more. Her eyes speak volumes and it's rare that I don't know what she wants. I have been having such fun thinking up first birthday gifts for her. What were your favorites to your little dumplings? It's been a bit tricky seeing as we already have so much from Ainsley, but there are a few things I know she'd LOVE and I love that I'm at that point with her where I know her taste a bit. She's still as sweet and calm as ever, but she gives Ainsley a run for her money sometimes and definitely has her own voice. I love that at her 9 month check up she hadn't even started "real" crawling and a mere month later I'm looking for those fist solo steps any moment. She has a pace all her own and I'm so thankful that I've learned enough to let her take her time, do it on her own and at her own pace. I don't want to rush any of it because now I know that her sweet babyness will be gone all too soon.

I have been so emotional lately about the girls. I just so wish I could freeze time right here. Mostly because they are so sweet and perfect right now and don't want them getting any bigger. Louise still snuggles into my neck when she's sleeping or needing comfort and Ainsley FINALLY loves to cuddle just because. I think part of it is that I know it will be a while before we have another little one. We are very at capacity right now both financially and physically. I can't wait to have more someday though. Children are such a gift.

Well that's enough sap for one night. I'm a lucky happy girl. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.