Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Update from the Land of 10,000 Lakes

Here we are 10 days into our August Minnesota adventure. A great, active, beautiful week at the cabin behind us, two girls sick with fevers snoozing away the morning and a raucus celebratory wedding weekend in front of us.

Needless to say I am zonked. Thankfully the girls have done so well, sleeping beautifully (execpt for last night's fever induced sleeplessness), loving on family and activity and good old Minnesota fun.

We so miss Ian though. Ainsley snuggles with his t-shirt every night and I've been caught burrying my own face in it more than once just for a quick bit of comfort. Louise has cooed and cried countless "dadada's" and "daaaddddeee's". We sure miss the man in our lives.

It's funny. I used to so long for these neverending vacations, familiar faces and places. While I still look forward to these trips "home" I find I miss my new home more quickly and fervently then I used to. It's hard to be away from a place and a person we so love.

Today I am thankful for helping hands with my sick girls. I hope for their fevers to break, sleep to come and the strength to get through another long night alone if need be. I eagerly anticipate Ian's arrival on Saturday, so crave that strong embrace and comfort that I've been missing. I can't wait for my sister's wedding to a great guy. What fun we're all going to have. I even look forward to packing the car Monday morning and heading home. For now when I'm away I truly know that it is indeed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.