Monday, October 25, 2010

Weird Monday

Today has been bizarre.

To start, it's over 70 degrees outside, don't even get me started on how ANNOYED that makes me. I sweat enough toting around 35+ pounds of children without the unseasonably warm weather thank you very much.

In addition I did my grocery shopping yesterday (not today as per usual). After all the feedback I got from people attesting to how insane I must be to grocery shop with two babies unless I absolutely needed to, I've started going on Sundays before church and it makes all the difference in the world (especially considering we have something more than pb&j for dinner Sunday night!). Last night Ruthie and Taylor came over for dinner and the Vikings game and we actually had good food (roasted chicken and root veggies with biscuits and jam). We could all get used to this.

This morning we woke up and took the girls (yes both) to the doctor. Louise was in for her 2 month check up and Ainsley tagged along for the fun of it, oh, and to get a flu shot. Since Louise is too young to get her own flu shot the dr suggested we all get one to help protect her, and I guess ourselves, from the flu this season. While I've wavered in my support of flu shots over the years, I would never want to inflict that horrible illness on a baby, and it's worked for me so we went ahead.

Louise gained another pound and a half bringing her grand total to 11.6 lbs. She seems to be tapering off from her initial 3 lb weight gain in a month but still has an abundance of adorable chub. Unfortunately both her and Ainsley seem to be under the weather from their ordeal this morning. Even though it's muggy and bordering on hot outside I think we'll go for an afternoon walk to get some fresh air in our lungs.

We had a great weekend with Ian's parents and Ainsley LOVES her nana and grandpa dan. I felt awful, both from the mastitis that caught up to me the first night they were here and for not being more energetic and present at their visit. Even so we got pumpkins carved and at lots of good food, and in general just had a great time. I can't wait to head home for Thanksgiving and share in more family time in a matter of weeks!

I hear Ainsley rummaging around in her room upstairs so I best be on my way. Hopefully her 3 hour nap has improved her mood (I can't blame her, I'm NEVER in a good mood after getting a shot)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.