Monday, October 18, 2010

I Love Mondays

We had a great, active, weekend. Louise and I joined Ian and Ainsley on their typical Saturday morning sojourn. We drove the half hour to the Morton Arboretum and had a blast. I was surprised by how much there was for Ainsley to do. After taking a quick circle around the main part we entered the children's garden. Ainsley loved running around and Louise snoozed away. Then Louise got hungry and I tried my hand at public breastfeeding. While I don't ever mind other people feeding their babies in plain view, I am very self concious about it for some reason. I thought I'd found a nice little nook tucked away from the action and Louise ate away. Then suddenly a swarm of parents and young children streamed by and sat down right next to me. I'd neglected to notice the "Reserved for birthday party" sign RIGHT next to me. So much for discretion!
We then headed south to IKEA to pick up Ainsley's big girl bed and a few things for Christmas. She LOVES her big girl bed. My mom came into town that afternoon and with her help we were able to put the bed together in about a half hour. Once we have her crib out of the room I'll take a picture because it is too adorable for words.
Sunday I took advantage of the late church service time and went grocery shopping on my own. Ainsley did not take to the nursery right away but eventually settled down and had some fun so Ian, Louise and I could enjoy the service. We then treated ourselves to some Indian food and a nap. I then headed up to Winnetka with the girls to see my grandma before her hip replacement surgery and my Aunt Gail in my Pittsburgh to help out, and my mom (amongst all our other family members up there). Ainsley had a blast playing with everyone and Louise loved being snuggled and held.
Yesterday I felt well rested and energized from all the fun this weekend and got a lot done around the house. The whole 2nd floor is clean and organized and I'm SO close to finishing the parts for Ainsley's felted wool jacket. Today is another beautiful day and despite Ainsley extra saucy attitude today I think it will be a good one.
Here are a few photos from the weekend.








2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Louise and Ainsley are both adorable. Sounds like a fun and productive weekend. Hopefully the rest of the week goes just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i love the whole breastfeeding in public story. priceless. i was the same way. if we were at the mall i would go to a dressing room :)

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.