Friday, October 29, 2010

I WANT MY BODY BACK!

Ok, so this really isn't as dire and dramatic a post as the title may imply. I am actually feeling quite motivated and energized for once.

After a great day yesterday in Winnetka with my mom, Aunt Gail and grandparents, I got home, poured myself and Ian a glass of wine and we chatted on the couch until bedtime. It was a relativelt simple day but it felt so good, and somewhat effortless. I woke up feeling well rested and motivated. After cleaning up the house and catching up with an old college friend and her cute new daughter I took advantage of naptime to eat lunch and do a Firm workout.

I used this DVD to get back into shape after Ainsley was born and forgot how much it kicks my butt. I'm hoping ainsley sleeps a bit longer so that I can rest a bit before afternoon fun.

I have had a harder time mentally with Louise's pregnancy and recovery. I am upset with myself for not staying active, but my sane mind knows that I couldn't have been and had her born when she was. It's just so hard to remember who I used to be, physically. Not just that I could wear size 4 pants comfortably and button shirts without them popping open every 5 minutes, but how strong I used to be. I feel like this large glob of jello sometimes and it's rough. When I look back I used to think I just had this naturally muscular body and now I realize/remember that I actually put a fair amount of work into keeping it that way. Running 5 times a week, weights, and dance in high school helped shape my adult body into something I was comfortable in. I am just so tired of being self conscious and uncomfortable in my skin. My workout today felt great and it's good to remind myself that even if I can't get out and run 5 miles I can still sweat and ache and feel great in the end.

Here's hoping I can get more workouts in before the holidays because goodness knows I have little self control when it comes to pumpkin pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.