Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Gearing Up!

My in laws come tomorrow and we're all getting excited and ready in the Vaagenes household. Ainsley has been practicing her "Nana"s and "Grandpa Dan"'s and I've been using my recent bursts of energy to clean and organize our house.

I feel like I just got used to keeping things in order with one child and now adding a newborn and all their messes is proving chaotic. Just this morning I've folded a huge load of laundry (one more is in the wash of all Ainsley's "mankies" (blankies for those who don't speak toddler - we've even tried telling her "b-b-b-blankie" and she responds "b-b-b-MMMankie!" proudly....I think she thinks she's hilarious), changed Louise 3 times (she's uncharacteristically barfy this morning) brought down the cloth diapers and clothes changes for the day, and picked up from morning playtime. It's crazy!

I'm looking outside at the beautiful fall leaves and crisp blue sky and can't wait to get out for a nice long walk with my girls, play and sing at musikgarten and grab some last minute groceries for the Sunday gravy and pumpkin cheesecake I'm going to make tomorrow in honor of Ruth and Dan's arrival. It should be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.