Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Just Another Day

As Louise grunts herself into consciousness (it's probably one of the cutest things ever). I'll take this few minutes for an update.

Sister weekend (minus Kelly, I missed you!) was great. I got to go out to eat TWICE! once with Ian to a new pub that had amazing food and beer, and once with Jenny and Julie to the rooftop of the Ale House. It was great. I planted perennials in the backyard (I really hope they make it through the winter), and got to go shopping for some new shirts that actually fit. I haven't tried on new clothes in about a year and I have to say either my body is completely disproportionate or clothes have gotten crazy in a year. I was happy with my few finds at Gap and Anthropoligie. Now I don't dread getting dressed in the morning. It was a great weekend filled with food and sister fun. they helped out so much with Ainsley and Louise. I think I'll be hearing "Joojie!, Jen Jen!" for a long time to come.

On the "get my body back front" things are looking up. I've got my willpower back which has been helping a lot. (I declined ice cream last night from Ian, this is HUGE!) I am feeling a little stronger every day (mostly thanks to my amazing Erin O'Brien postpartum tape). The double stroller has been amazing. Being able to get out and walk with the girls at a brisk pace has helped with my sanity so much. I am debating whether or not to purchase a scale. I've never had on before and I think it'd just depress me if I'm not losing weight fast enough. Plus while I'm still breasfeeding I know I'm going to weigh a little more than I want to regardless. Thoughts?

I'm also starting to gear up for the holidays. I have a few projects in mind (new, SMALLER, felted stockings for the girls and a mini muffin tin advent calendar) but am starting to obsess over starting traditions of our own. I really want to capitilize on Ainsley's fun age and start some traditions for the holidays. I'm struggling with what to do for Halloween that is age appropriate and unique. So far we've cut out leaves to put on the window and we bought some gourds and mini pumpkins that we're going to cut in half to make prints of. Any other thoughts?

Well, I think I just heard the mail main drop off my photo order from shutterfly. Good thing we went to Target and got some new albums to put them in this morning! Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.