Tuesday, November 27, 2012

18 weeks

Oh baby, almost halfway.  It feels like time is flying and standing still all at once.  I maintain that I'd be ready for this baby to come THIS INSTANT, but am glad for these last months as a family of four.

I had an appointment this morning and it was delightful.  I LOVE my new midwife and her incredibly low key "office".  The whole shebang took about 15 minutes, the longest part was just searching for the direct heartbeat (not just the blood pumping and pulse) because this little one is a mover!  All is well and the baby has a strong steady beat.  I amazingly only gained a couple more pounds over the past month even with all the indulgence over Thanksgiving.  I'll chalk it up to still being able to run occasionally and my awesome workout tapes.  I sure hope I can keep it up!

:: 18 weeks::


I really need to get Ian to start taking my belly photos...this is getting ridiculous

So far I've done very little in preparation for this new little one, and I'll admit, it hasn't been easy holding off.  I am simply dying to knit a little oatmeal layette and bonnet and sew a few pairs of newborn sized quick change trousers, ooh and some kimonos, probably oodles of booties too.  I've been stocking up on light greys, chocolate browns and pale yellows so I can at least make a few things before our new little arrival when we won't know their gender yet (because I'm staying strong this time Ian, I'M STAYING STRONG!).  I'm already agonizing over a baby blanket pattern.  I may quilt one and knit one because I'm just that excited.  But alas, Christmas and Ainsley's birthday takes precedence right now and I know I'll be so thankful for all of the baby projects in those final winter months.

I'm still feeling good, trying to relish in this glorious second trimester as much as I can (I know what's coming!)  I'm still not "big" just a bit thick around the middle and it's been wonderful to still wear normal clothes, with the help of the belly band or elastic at times for those pants that just don't like to button anymore.  I did take advantage of one cyber Monday sale at Old Navy for a few maternity things I need.  Long sleeved shirts and a new pair of yoga pants.  I feel all set!

And as for the baby?  Well they're quite the active little one.  It's nearing ridiculous how much this child is kicking me already.  Anytime I eat anything, anytime I sit down, in the car, surely when I'm sleeping, I've even felt a few jabs while hauling the girls around.  I love it so much.  I will admit, thus far this baby feels much more like Ainsley in my belly than Louise (uh oh! :o), only time will tell who this little one turns out to be!  It's definitely my favorite thing about being pregnant.  Kick away little one!

I continue to just feel mostly so excited about this baby. I recall feeling so nervous with both the girls about giving birth and those final months.  Perhaps it's knowing that this is most likely our last child, or just how old and mature I've become in a mere 2 years (yeah right ;o) but I really just feel so eager for it all.  I think being able to plan for a birth that I am truly excited about is helping so much, such an incredible blessing.  I know this little one and I still have a ways to go before birth day, but I just can't help but continue to feel so optimistic.

So 18 weeks, almost halfway.  I can hardly wait!


1 comment:

  1. I am with you Mama just so excited about our little one too. With Emmy I was excited but it was different. I was also nervous to go from 0-1 and with Charlie I was nervous for a boy haha What a silly worry because he has been such a Joy and a Blessing! And with this one I'm just excited to add one more to our family. A family of 5 seems so, legit ;) I haven't had many kicks. With Emmy I had tons. With Charlie not many either. I felt one last night for the first time in days. Oh how every baby is different. So glad you're feeling well and you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.