Tuesday, November 6, 2012

15 weeks

Ok, so I'm really not planning on doing a weekly baby post here but then yesterday I looked in the mirror and saw this...


 and decided I should take note of the precise day that I "popped".

Exactly 15 weeks.  

I still don't know that anyone out in public can really tell I'm pregnant, but I'm sure starting to notice more!

So other than the little protruding belly not a lot has changed in a week.  I'm definitely getting my appetite back, fully entering that I need food every 2-3 hours stage of pregnancy.  The nice thing this time around is I'm already on a good snack schedule with the girls, ALWAYS prepared with dried fruit and nuts in my purse for those morning munchies and fresh fruit and some little homemade snack in the afternoons.  Surprisingly I'm not all too hungry before bed as usual.  I think I got out of the habit of eating then when I felt so wretched all first trimester.  I find most nights a cup of ginger or herbal tea does the trick to fill me up so I don't wake up starving.

And as for what kinds of foods this baby likes?  Well, if Ainsley was the pork baby and Louise was the no meat sweets baby, then this is definitely the ethnic food take out baby. I have found cooking to be such a chore with this pregnancy, and this is even my favorite time of year to cook in!  Plus I've still been pretty tired in the afternoons/evenings so motivating to make whats in the fridge is extra hard.  We've had thai food, indian food, mexican food, italian food.  Anything with a little spice and yummy sauces sounds very good most of the time.  Too bad my go tos in the kitchen are nothing like that!  I'll figure it out.  Our budget won't allow for 2-3 take out meals a week anyways.

The girls (particularly Ainsley) continue to be SO interested in and excited about the new baby.  Ainsley discovered that the back of one of my workout tapes shows a muscle image of a pregnant body and she is so intruded.  We found this great puzzle that we may have to get the girls to help them understand how the baby is going to grow.  They can't wait to be new big sisters!

I too simply cannot wait for our family to grow and to be a mother of three.  Really, if this baby could come tomorrow I would be 100% ready and so thrilled.  So far I feel none of that trepidation about getting bigger and giving birth.  If anything I am just so excited  about it all, looking forward to it even.  Something in me just knows that it's all going to be wonderful and I'm already itching to hold our sweet new little one (I think it's a motivator as well that we have both a boy and a girl name all picked out already!)  I am thankful for lots of fun holidays between now and birth day baby, it's already feeling like Christmas Eve every day around here!

So other than the funny food stuff and the being awake at 5am all on my own stuff (already?!), things are going really really well.  I've loved feeling those first tiny kicks this week, having a little belly as a reminder of that apple sized dumpling in my tummy, and in general feeling good and back to my old self.

Happy 15 weeks little one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.