Sunday, October 7, 2012

More Later, but for Now...

It feels like it's been a bit since I've written, has it?  Probably not.  I suppose I'm aware of it because there is so much that I'd like to say, but very little I can write about on here.  Oh my, I don't suppose I've ever been quite that cryptic , have I? Well, I will say most of it's good, some of it's icky.  All of it has been consuming me lately, making it hard to focus on the things I normally do.

So what better time and space than now and here to get the ball rolling again and force myself back into the everyday.  For even though my mind may feel muddled and my body worn and tired, the everyday is always here.

This week has been exponentially easier in so many aspects in our everyday.  It's as if when the calendar flipped to October we all took a big sigh and settled in.  

This amazing deliciously cool weather has helped a whole lot.

::first batch of seasonal sugar cookies
I'm still astounded by how delicately and intentionally that sugar was sprinkled::


::Ainsley photobombing, ALL the time::


:: apple eating, leaving the skins on mama's sleeve, oh the many uses for a mama's sleeve::


 ::thumbs up for grammy nightgowns!!!::



::family fall weekend walk and romp::










::winter mitten making::


::smile!::


::1 FREE felted sweater (garage sale find) + 2 traced hands + about 20 minutes at the sewing machine with a tiny zig zag edge stitch = the quickest most adorable mittens...I may never knit kiddo mittens again::


And yet again I am reminded of why I love this space so much.  A quick look through the camera, a moment to pause and reflect, and it is made so abundantly clear that a week that felt dragging and difficult was really quite wonderful.

More details to come about the girls and their antics, my boy an his ALMOST DONE! PhD, and myself...because there surely is lots more to share!

Hope you've all had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Becky! You come up with the most amazing crafts for you and the girls! Love the mittens, and I was so intrigued by your homemade sensory finger paint in your last post too! What lucky girls to have such a creative and fun, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also...the English major in me in embarrassed by my strange use of a comma in my last sentence...I could have deleted and rewritten but I thought you might enjoy this punctuation lament more. ;)

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.