Tuesday, October 30, 2012

14 Weeks

It's still feeling a bit odd to write lately.  There are so many things going on, so many categories of life with things to write about, it's been hard to pin down and edit for me.  Baby stuff, natural disaster stuff, annoying election stuff, fun holiday preparedness stuff, amazing two big girls in our house stuff, Ian's ALMOST done with his phd stuff.  But sometimes when life feels a bit super full and muddled the best thing to do (for me) is just do something!  And well, writing about our sweet new baby on the way seems a good place to start.

::14 weeks::


I'm 14 weeks pregnant as of yesterday and FINALLY feeling mostly really good.  I haven't been all day nauseous in a week, now I'm just hoping to get some energy back soon and stop feeling like I'm going to pass out anytime I stand up.  That would be lovely.

I had an appointment this morning, my first official one this pregnancy (third baby laziness, whoops!), and everything looks great.  The little one's heartbeat was much easier to find and strong and steady in the 140s.  I stepped on the scale for the first time in over a year and by my calculations I may weigh about 2-3 pounds more than normal, moving on up!

We'll schedule the 20 week ultrasound next appointment, so wish me luck that in the next 4 weeks I can convince Ian that we are NOT finding out the gender.  He's pretty gung ho, but so am I and I'm the one growing and birthing our child so I get at least 1.5 votes, right?

::14 week NEW SWEATER!::



Other than the normal icky first trimester stuff I have actually been feeling pretty great.  I have been able to exercise normally (minus running more than 4 miles), eat normally (minus wine and copious amounts of coffee :o(, sleep normally (I still fit on my tummy!).  While I find myself excited to get a little tummy again I am also trying to relish in not having one for the time being because I know all too soon I'll feel huge and wish I was tummy-less again, and as Ian so kindly reminded me this morning "why are you worried?  you'll look VERY pregnant soon"  thanks sweet boy.

So for right now I'm relishing in needing no maternity clothes (yet!), enjoying hauling my girls around and playing with them normally while I still can, in general being me, just with a little one steadily growing away too.  I'm so looking forward to Halloween tomorrow.  Even if Ainsley is suddenly insisting on wearing her penguin costume from last year instead of her painstakingly created Heidi duds.  REALLY looking forward to getting all this halloween candy OUT of our house.  I think at least 1 of those gained pounds of mine is solely from that, I'd been doing so well!

On that note I'm off to do my favorite workout tape with Ainsley.  She LOVES to do all the calisthenics and stretching with me.  Ah my big sister helper girl. I cherish these alone times with her so much.  Hope you're all having a great day!






2 comments:

  1. Becky - is that sweater pattern from Ravelry? I think I tagged the same one to make for myself! Alas, when will that ever happen? I think I have at least 3 major projects/gifts to make before I can get to it....Glad to see it on you though!

    I wish we lived closer together so we could knit and drink coffee (or tea for you now) together!

    Hugs - thinking about you and the family,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, yes! It's the tea leaves cardigan. It actually knit up pretty quickly once I set my mind to it. If you do make it I'd definitely recommend getting an extra skein of whatever yarn you're using. I ended up needing more than they said. I wish we lived closer too. knitting and coffee sounds amazing :o). I hope you and Jon are well. We miss you guys!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.