Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Meal Plan 10-15

I'm still hanging on to those last bits of first trimester nausea which continues to make planning and cooking extra hard (you have 5 days sick tummy, FIVE DAYS!!!).  The good news?  I'm not eating much, our food spending for this month is lower than ever, and that Jimmy Johns with banana peppers that Ian got me this last weekend?  better than anything I've cooked for 2 weeks.

Having said that, it's still fall, my favorite ever cooking time of the year (well, this and Christmas treat cooking time, must I really say that outloud?) and being such I have to power ahead.

So this week I asked the family to help out with ideas, and unlike usual they actual came through!  Ian wanted tacos and Ainsley wanted "chicken pie".  Louise requested eggs, of course.  What a sweet predictable dumpling she is.

Meal Plan 10-15

ground beef tacos (made with penzeys taco spice) and TJS homemade flour tortillas
chicken pot pie made with rotisserie chicken
Ina Gartne's lentil sausage soup with homemade bread
oven baked pork chops with scalloped potatoes, applesauce and green beans
TJs pork potstickers and birds nests
ATKs deep dish pepperoni pizza with salad

I made my first apple crisp of the season last night and do believe I'll have to bake some spice cookies soon.  That sounds very very good.  Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.