Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Best Kind of Cabin Fever

Just a quick note to say that we made it to Minnesota safe and sound and I'm now typing from the loft of the beautiful new cabin that my parents built this winter overlooking calm waters and an early morning sunrise. We've (my mom, sister Julie, Ainsley and I) had three days of relative rest and relaxation (relative of course because of Ainsley) and I'm excited for family to start arriving today. Ian and his brother and parents will be getting here this evening and I can't wait to share the cabin experience with them all. This has been a wonderful place for my sisters and I to make memories growing up and I am so happy to be able to watch Ainsley play in the water, toast her first marshmallow, put her face into the wind on a boat ride, mimic a loon call, and enjoy the peace and quiet of the great outdoors. I am so thankful to have this break. Rest assured there'll be lots of pictures and stories upon our arrival home post-fourth of July. Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.