Friday, June 4, 2010

Baby Girl Vaagenes v. 2.0

I realize I usually spend my time blogging about the triumphs and trials of day to day life and I have mentioned very little about my pregnancy. This is due in part to two reasons 1. Caring for Ainsley has left me very little time to sit and ponder over the goings on of my growing belly 2. Somehow I feel as this is my second pregnancy I have "been there, done that" and this should be no big deal.

It is of course a big deal, as growing a person should be. I seem to forget this sometimes and don't cut myself enough slack (for being tired, needing to eat ALL the time, not being as productive as I think I should be).

I am officially BIG and by big I mean I look like I did when I was 30 weeks with Ainsley and I'm 25 (Ian and I checked last night comparing pictures). I've been meaning to get Ian to take a picture of my big bellyness but remembering to do so and being freshly showered and dressed in actual clothes are phenomena that rarely occur at the same time.

I got him to take some today and bless his heart this is the only one that didn't make me look like a whale.


Aside from getting bigger earlier this pregnancy has been thus far rather unremarkable (thank goodness). The first trimester flew by with a few rough tired out/nauseas days and the second has been relatively easy as well. I have had hardly any cravings compared with the pork crazed diet I indulged in with Ainsley. I definitely have a huge sweet tooth and occasionally a meat aversion (much to Ian's chagrin). My biggest hurdle so far has been my pulled groin muscle (pulled it in MN getting onto a slide with Ainsley...hilarious and oh so painful) and finding the energy to actually exercise (not just chase Ainsley around). Picking Ainsley up and hauling her around has become increasingly difficult as have normal every day tasks like unloading the dishwasher (the reaching and bending is interesting) and grocery shopping (hauling bags into the house while trying to keep Ainsley in one place - one of those back pack leashes is looking more and more attractive). My large belly is also starting to get in the way of quality cuddling time with Ainsley which has been hard. She squrims a lot when we're reading and I know it's because I'm not very comfortable.

I thought I'd try some more belly shots on my own, NOT an easy task.
Trying a new angle. I think it works?


I started feeling baby girl move around 15 weeks and she's been bouncing and kicking ever since. Nighttime is still the most active time but she hasn't been keeping me awake yet (thank you sweet little one!) She also tends to kick right after I eat something as if saying "yum yum yum" or "ick ick ick" I can't really tell. I have started being able to pick out body parts when she "whomps" around in my stomach. I remember loving this with Ainsley and I do all over again. It's so amazing to feel 4 HARD kicks in a row and be able to place your hand right where their little foot is and feel it kicking and to know where their tiny butt is all curled up. The baby is about 14 inches long and weighs over a pound and a half. Only two more weeks until the second trimester starts. I can hardly believe it!

The only negative change with this pregnancy thus far is the appearance of varicose veins on one of my legs. Right below my right knee is a small patch of burst veins which are oh so attractive in shorts season. I've been rubbing my belly oil on the area and it seems to be getting better. Here's hoping they dim once the baby comes!

I've definitely been nesting and our house thanks me. Most of the decorating is done save a few minor touch ups, and few major undertakings that may or may not get done before baby. An Ikea trip yesterday got us closer to finishing the nursery. We're still on the lookout for a used dresser to double as a changing table but once we have that and I decide on a paint color we have everything we need. I officially need to stop buying new clothes for the new baby, especially seeing as we're all stocked up as it is. I did have to throw away a substantial amount of onesies and bibs because if we can recall Ainsley was quite the barfer and those milk stains just don't want to come out. I'm justifying the new baby threads by the fact that the baby will be born 3 months before Ainsley was and thus requiring an entirely different set of clothing (because you know, fall newborns need footless things right?).



I've been getting very into knitting for this one too for fear of having nothing handmade to put her in when she's born. I started a white matinee jacket this morning, finished a purple bonnet the other day, have one of a set of booties done and am forever working on her peachish-pink baby blanket. I still want to make Ainsley a sweater for the fall/winter as well so we'll see how that goes!

So, in short, all is well in the land of babies and pregnancy. I am so excited to meet this little one but not ready enough to give birth again any time soon. I keep reminding myself that I was nervous about that whole ordeal at this point with Ainsley too and that by the end I could have cared less how it all went down as long as it went down.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for belly pics! Where will you be having Baby #2? I've been knitting a baby blanket as well, and they seem to take an inordinate amount of time given the size of the final product. Hope you keep feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.