Monday, June 14, 2010

Rain rain go AWAY

At least I'm not alone. I hear that most of the midwest has been experiencing this week or so of on off rain.

It wasn't so bad this weekend with both Ian and I to entertain Ainsley but today was a bit rough. We went grocery shopping in the morning only to walk out of our second stop with a cart full of groceries to a downpour. Lovely way to start the day.

Luckily Ainsley is really into books, blocks, puzzles, and play dough which keeps us fairy occupied until at least lunch. Thanks to the new blackout curtains in her room she slept for 2.5 hours at naptime and was happy as a clam when she woke up to lounge around and snuggle until Ian got home.

I just really dislike being so lazy. I miss going for long walks, JOGS even with Ainsley. I felt like after making two stops for groceries, unloading the car and then the bags I was ready for a nap. Sad. At times I like the excuse to take a nap or lay down and at others it drives me nuts that I can't do the things I want to do.

The other day I looked at some old photos with Ainsley. She loves cooing at herself as a "bebe" and looking at "mama" and "dada", oh and of course cousin "Caca" (Don't worry kelly, I am REALLY working with her on at least Concon instead of caca...I hope seeing him in a week will help reinforce). I took comfort in seeing pictures of myself right after Ainsley was born and in the months that followed, remembering how quickly I got back in the shape that I was before. I know it will be trickier with two little ones around, and the winter months after the baby is born, but I am looking forward to just being in my own skin again and feeling like my old active self.

I am getting really excited to head to Minnesota for two weeks on Friday. We're going to spend one week up at my parent's cabin and then a week in St. Paul with Ian's family for the fourth. I have some cute outfits for Ainsley and am excited to see her at the parade. We probably won't do fireworks again though as 8 is the latest she can usually make it up. It should be a great time. I just hope she does well on my solo trek up with her. 7 hours in the car alone with a toddler can get interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.