Saturday, June 12, 2010

Rainy Saturday

Oh weekends. I love them and I loathe them.

This weekend started off on the wrong foot when I woke up at 4am thanks to some strong kicks from the baby and couldn't get back to sleep so I got out of bed and sat in the nursery making lists of things to do before heading to Minnesota in a week and reading my new book "the Sweetness at the Bottom on the Pie" (I'm only 2 chapters in but it has me hooked). I crawled back into bed at 5 only to hear Ainsley start to stir and finally got up with her at 5:30. (which reminds me I need to go to Target and buy some black out drapes ASAP) Ian woke up at 7 to take over and I went back to sleep until 8:30. We went to a friend's house for breakfast at nine and when it started pouring rain we headed back home for a little play time before nap time. While Ainsley napped I folded diapers and laundry, rotated toys from the basement to the main living room and rearranged the nursery to accommodate the new "changing table" we're getting tomorrow. I am SO excited because I've been looking for a piece of antique/vintage furniture to use in the nursery for a while and stumbled across a listing for an ethan allen dry sink on craigslist yesterday. I wrote the seller and got the dimensions and it looks like it's going to work great. Ian's going to pick it up tomorrow. I am so excited to see it in the room and finally get to put some things away and feel a bit more settled.

Right now Ian's out back with Ainsley enjoying the break from the rain in the pool leaving me with some unexpected alone time. It's quite the treat.

I probably won't be writing much this week as we have a lot to do to get ready to head to the cabin soon but rest assured I'll have some great stories and pictures from our 2 weeks in Minnesota!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.