Sunday, July 22, 2012

THIS Moment

Ainsley May (three and a half years old)

Oh my big girl.  Your dad and I were just talking about you the other night after you'd gone to bed.  We are fairly certain that you have officially shed the last of your toddler antic ways and truly settled into the start of the new big girl you're becoming.  I hear "ok, mama," "yes mama", "excuse me, mama", ALL day long now.  For all your defiance and independence since birth we are simply delighted to see the pleasant, relatively compliant big girl you are today.  We are so proud.


That's not to say that you still don't have your own opinions, goodness no, there's plenty of that.  You are still as particular as ever about your wardrobe.  You cried uncontrollably when I told you we had to wash your new favorite dress after you wore it for 4 days in a row.  You cry equally when I have to wash one of your two grammy nightgowns, they are your naptime/bedtime staple.  As hard as it makes getting ready in the morning I really do love your style, so little girl and sweet.  But you know I'd love you in a paper bag, right?




We have been spending our summer days playing and playing, your favorite thing to do.  We've been indoors more than I'd like thanks to the heat, but your creative ideas keep us happy and busy.  You still love to cook and bake with me and help whenever you can.




Baking aside we've still been finding lots of ways to have fun, even outside for little bits (with lots of sunscreen and water!)  The big pool right up the street is still your favorite, but becaues mama can't stomach that EVERY day on her own we've discovered a close second, the trains!

Last year you were a bit too little to run them yourself, but this year you're just big enough.  You love zooming around the familiar park track ad I love how tired they make you.  Win win!


You also LOVE to craft and are nearly always brimming with your new best idea.  Lately there have been lots of sewing projects on the horizon (mostly for lamby and Louise's birthday coming up), and some building projects (your little house, house).  But you also love a good lump of fresh playdough and a pumpkin knife as much as ever!


Oh and the dancing.  You LOVE to dance.  Just about every night while daddy does the dishes we turn on some Swan Lake or Nutcracker and you and your sister have at it.  It's delightful and beautiful and very VERY fun.


You continue to be so fearless and adventurous and as much as it scares me sometimes I am so thankful for your willingness to do just about anything.  While in Minnesota you were THRILLED to ride grandpa Dan's new scooter.  While up North you fished with abandon and loved grabbing your own minnow, and LOVED tubing. You jump and swim with ease.  Ah, I love your energy.




One of my favorite moments from this last month was the card you made for daddy for his birthday.  I'd set out the matericals and left the room to go do something or other and when I returned I found you beaming.  You'd spelled and written D-A-D-Y ALL on your own and then drawn a portrait of your dad, compelete with "that thing he pees out of " between his two stick legs.  We already have this photo stashed away for safe keeping.  What a special card that was!



I love you this moment Ainsley girl, sweet and kind, active and happy, such a big helper and eager and willing.  We sure are enjoying our summer together!


Louise Adele (22 months)

Oh my big girl.  Now that you are so close to two I've had to admit to myself that you're not a baby anymore and you've made sure to remind me of how much of a "big gurl!" you are every day.  You sleep in a big girl bed, eat with a fork and spoon, say please and thank you and wait patiently (well somtimes) for "my turn!".


You too are so adventurous and up for just about anything.  You love being your big sister's helper and going along with all her funny schemes.  You two play dress up and dollhouse, doctor and music class all the time.  It's such fun to watch.


Perhaps it's that you're our second (hence we don't pay mind to the antics as much), but you truly make life pretty easy for your dad and I.  We have yet to really experience a tantrum from you and when you do get upset or offtrack it's fairly easy to redirect you and keep having fun.  What an easy going happy girl we have!


We had SO much fun up at the cabin this past month and I was so impressed with all that you did.  You sat on the tube with me, rode happily in the speed boat, kayaked and canoed and loved loved loved swinging and swimming (of course).




One of my favorite memories from our trip were watching you fish for the first time. I am SO excited that I captured that excstatic face of yours on camera.  You were just brimming with joy.  My other favorite? swimming with you off the pontoon boat.  You'd float on your tummy while I held you under your arms and kick kick kick.  You are such a big girl Louise.  We love you so.


Coloring and reading are still two of your favorites.  You still eat really well, and the new stand out favorites are mushrooms and asparagus tips...you can't get enough!  You love taking care of your babies and playing with blocks.  You could color on our big roll of paper all day long.  You talk talk talk sing sing sing dance dance dance all the time.  Ah, what a fun little one you are.

I love you this moment, content and sweet, wiley and adventurous, learning and growing.   I can't believe you're almost two!!! And I can I can, you are just such a precious part of our live.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, such a cute review of the moment. Your girls sound just awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.