Monday, July 16, 2012

Meal Plan 7-16

So sorry for nearly completely falling off the meal plan bandwagon, well, at least on here.  After my 10 days "off" in Minnesota and a week of fancy birthday and holiday food I was in no shape last week to do much thoughtful blogging on the whole thing.  But rest assured after a week of decadent desserts and some restocking last week I'm ready to charge ahead!

The new challenge that the summer brings with meal planning and more importantly, budgeting, is the farmer's market.  We have an amazing one, within walking distance, with donuts, and it can kind of become a big problem.  If I had all the money in the world I could buy nearly ALL of our food there, easily.  Farm fresh eggs, grass fed free range meat, cheese, organic produce, jams, potatoes, onions, red hen bread.  Ah.  A girl can dream.  My new strategy is to take a $20 with me and that's it, no really, that's ALL I get.  And it's worked out well and made us savor the farm freshness we get to indulge in each week.

This past week I bought a quart of blueberries, two zucchini, and a large bunch of rainbow chard.  Since the tomatoes, green beans, snap peas and fingerling carrots are abundant in our own yard I was choosy this week and am excited for coming in so under budget.

Meal Plan::

zucchinni pancakes (from smitten kitchen) and bavarian sausages
rainbow chard and cheese quiche
ham and cheese paninis with tomato salad
chicken wild rice casserole and green beans
soyaki* pork tenderloin and sweet potatoes
homemade margarita pizza and salad
pigs in a (homemade) blanket and "fancy" TJs mac and cheese (from the freezer section)
*(best marinade EVER from TJs)

lunches::
spring salad (endive, radicchio, radishes, avocado, feta, vinaigrette)
mini ravioli salad
cream cheese and jam or ham and cheese or pb&j sandwiches

breakfasts::
cereal
yogurt
oatmeal
blueberry lemon pancakes (homemade, frozen)

farmer's market total:: $12
grocery total:: $91
week total:: $113

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.