Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Revamp

This summer, thus far, has proved to be uniquely challenging.  Earlier this season I was sifting through old blog posts from this time of year last year and the year before, recalling the EXCITEMENT! and EAGERNESS! for this hot season and all it brings.  This year I've found my mind swamped with the "what ifs and hows" that the next few months hold for our family, coupled with the weird cabin fever of our super hot weather, it's been a bit tricky.

Then we had our trip, our AMAZING trip, but wow did I miss Ian.  When I saw his grin yesterday afternoon as the girls bombarded their daddy with kisses and happy squeals I waited patiently for my turn and then I had it and we squeezed one of those ohmygoodnesshowdidisurviveninedayswithoutyou squeezes and suddenly all was right in the world.  My worries mostly abated and my main man's 28th birthday today pushed the last room for unnecessary strife right out the window.  That and this great comic Ian showed me this morning.


And just like that.  Revamp.  The heat WILL break at some point, all the little stuff will work itself out, and the big stuff?  well that's the stuff life is made of right?  Let's get it on summer.  I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.