Monday, July 23, 2012

Meal Plan 7-23

Oye Vey.  Last week I too a silent oath to photograph all of the food I made, you know, just to keep track and put some visuals with these posts.  Well, this is as far as I got.

homemade pizza
fresh mozarella, basil and italian salami, and olive oil feta, spinach and black olives


zucchini pancakes with sour cream and bavarian sausages


At least I tried right?

To be truthful last week cooking was kind of rough.  I'm kind of in a rut this summer with cooking.  I'm really not a big griller, and it takes to long to get dinner on the table if I wait for Ian to get home to grill, but the other option is me standing over a hot stove in a sweltering kitchen.  This lead to TWO take out nights for us last week (one was due to a time failure on my part, our chicken wild rice casserole was nowhere near done come 6pm).  Still, it feels like a big old failure, so this week I set myself up for success with more realistic, flexible options.

Meals:
ring salad and fried chicken (Ian made his grandma's ring salad this weekend and we have TONS leftover)
chicken tikka masala with peas and basmati rice and garlic naan
homemade mac and cheese with peas and hot dogs
chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes (I know, two fried nights, but the cube steak was on sale! I HAD TO!!!)
spicy dr pepper pulled pork on homemade corn tortillas and a vegetable
TJs veggie stiry fry and pork potstickers

ooh, and as a special treat dessert I bought ingredients for a cream cheese berry pie :o)

I had to buy all of the meat this week as my freezer stock has been depleted and that coupled with two bottles of my new favorite wines from TJs brought the grand total up to $150, RIGHT on budget. No take out this week! We may be in for a creative weekend of cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.