Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Glad Bits

We just got back from a fun morning out at IKEA. Faced with another super hot day we got ready and decided to make the drive.  I go about twice a year, to stock up on the few things that are really so good and cheap there (art paper and supplies, candles, kitchen odds and ends, and of course delicious swiss chocolate).  We got there right when they opened and the girls had such a blast.  This time we were also checking out bunk bed options (I KNOW!)  Come this winter we hope to have our girls happily sharing a room and a bunk bed just seems the perfect motivation and space solution.  They were pretty exhausted.

We ran around, played, purchased everything on our list (I didn't stray!) and made our way back inside for lunch.  Ooh those meatballs.  Worth the drive alone.

But now I'm exhausted.  The girls appear to not be napping.  The pool is closed because of a power outage.  It's a solid 4.5 hours until Ian comes home AND tonight's a go back and sleep at work night for him.  Oh boy.

So lets play the glad game again shall we?  I'm SO glad I just restocked on amazing craft supplies and paper for super cheap.

I'm glad for air conditioning.  Even if it's driving me BONKERS to be inside nearly every afternoon.

I'm glad for time to clean and reorganize (our basement has never looked so good).

I'm glad for all the excitement and motivation that I feel for new projects.  Louise's birthday is just one month away!  I best get cracking.

I'm so glad for my girls.  They are getting so big and play together so well.  I've even been told to leave sometimes while they're playing because "this is just for kids mom.  I got this mom!"  When did I become MOM? not mama?  I guess I'm glad for that too.

But let's be real, I'm mostly really glad for that new french press I bought this morning and fresh home roasted coffee.  It appears as though I'm going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.