Saturday, January 28, 2012

Weekending

Now that the surprise has been successfully executed I am free to gush.  Ian took Ainsley to Minnesota for the weekend to surprise Nana for her birthday.  Remember last year when he did the same to be with his dad after surgery?  It was a bittersweet weekend for me indeed.  The first time away from my big girl for more than a few hours, watching them drive off I remember the pang in my heart.  Then the total and complete enjoyment of a long weekend with my sweet baby.  I'm having total deja vu.

But this year my dumpling is almost a whole year older, 9 months older to be exact.  Instead of spending our weekend lazing about, cooing, babbling and snuggling we're having a grand adventure.

Last night we went on a date.  Louise insisted on a dress for herself but I convinced her that mommy could wear my fun new hoodie and still be fancy.  We dined at a new place, a small Italian joint.  Louise happily noshed on bread and colored the paper table cloth as we chatted.  We chowed down our ravioli and left with enough time before bed to share a hot fudge sunday at our local ice cream parlor (I let her have the cherry of course :o).  She was ready for bed immediately upon arriving home so instead of fighting bedtime with Ainsley until 9-ish I was free and clear at 7 sharp, allowing me so much time to myself that my head was spinning.

So I settled in to work on my latest knitting project (oh the knitting that's getting done around here is SO exciting) and watch a movie.  I decided on The Last of the Mohicans, one I've always wanted to see but Ian has already seen.  So I knitted and cried and had a grand night, going to bed early enough that Louise's 6:30 arousal was no big deal.

So far we've spent the morning organizing and cleaning out our house like banshees.  Louise has been so helpful and cute.  We've sang and danced and read book after book.  Then we went out for a spin in the wagon, reddening our cheeks and freshening our bodies just enough before her long afternoon nap.

Ahhh.  I know Ian and Ainsley are having a grand time in Minnesota, but it's pretty nice here too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.