Monday, January 9, 2012

new year, new everything

Funny how  idea of "new" has so stuck with me this year (a whole 10 days, wow I know).  I've never been a big new yearser.  I'd go to the parties, kind of, ring the noisemakers and cheek kisses all around, but I always felt a bit like I was faking it.  What's the big deal?

As I grow I realize it isn't so much the day, but the idea.  Starting fresh, a new page, chapter, whole book if need be.  There can be pressure, sure, to change lots and improve and perfect, but it's also just a chance, a excuse to try something new, fix something that wasn't working, brush some things off and renew.

So dispite feeling a bit grouchy about this weirdly spring-like weather and my still sick girls I'm using this time, this excuse, to make some fun plans.

Did I mention I got a sewing machine as an early birthday present?  My mom is brining it when she visits on Tuesday and I'm literally hopping out of my pants with joy.  I've been staying up far too late looking up new patterns and coming up with ideas for things to make.  Did I mention i'm excited?
::Citronille Adele dress::
 ::summer lottie jumper::
 ::60s vintage skirt::
 ::long twirly ainsley skirt::
 ::reversible summer tunic::
::seashore sundress, THE florida/summer dress::
::vintage pillowcase nightgown::

 ::amy butler skirt with apron::

::toddler sun bonnet::
 :: I was thinking of a sundress for myself, then these turned up in my search and I'm not so sure anymore (I actually kind of like the burda pattern, even more reason not to make one!)::

So instead of declaring to get into better shape or make a better social effort or be the best mom that I can be, I'm declaring this:: I want to make stuff this year.  LOTS of stuff.  I'm secretly hoping to make every gift this year.  I'm getting the girls involved and Ainsley is pumped.  My grandpa's birthday is this weekend and lets just say he's in for a real treat :o).

I'll keep you posted of my making adventures.  Hope you'll keep me posted on yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.